Chapter 15

Melody's POV

I woke up with an arm around me, and I started to panic. What happened, I thought, the last thing I remember was talking to Randal. Suddenly it all came flooding back to me; being beaten, waking up in the hospital, talking to Randal, being beaten again, almost being raped, being carried to Randal's house, the words "I love you". I gasped and started crying, which immediately made Randal sit up and look at me.

"Are you okay angel? What's wrong, what happened?" Randal said.

I just looked at him and then flung myself into his arms. His arms immediately wrapped around my waist.

"Thank you" I whispered

"For what?" he asked.

"For everything, but especially for saving me from my father, and for... for loving me." I said nervously.

"Anything for you baby, I truly do love you and nothing you can say or do, or anyone else for that matter, can change that." He said.

He then started to lean in, and I couldn't help but think he was going to kiss me. I was nervous but also very excited; if he kisses me I will finally have my first kiss. I thought.

Just as he was about to kiss me, his lips hovering over my own, there was a knock on the door.

Randal groaned, "who is it?" he asked.

Then there was screaming, and the door burst open.

I quickly covered my ears, and looked over and saw two girls. They looked to be about the same age, but they looked nothing alike, except they had the same eye color. They must be friends I thought. I grew jealous really quickly, of course, it was too good to be true; why would Randal want me when he could have either of those two girls? They are both really beautiful, and I am just me, plain me. I thought.

That ruined my mood really quick. I looked over at them, and waved hi to them, and then I started walking to the bathroom.

"Mel, where are you going?" Randal asked.

I just turned around and gave him a smile, that I hoped looked convincing enough. His face fell though so I don't think he bought it. I just kept walking to the bathroom and once I got in there I locked the door. Then I sat down on the edge of the bathtub, and started crying.

I was crying so loud I am sure he probably heard me but at this point I didn't care.

"I'm so stupid," I whispered, "why would he love a girl like me when he could have any other girl in the world, I am just plain, when there are so many much prettier girls then me."

Suddenly the lock clicked open, and I realized that Randal must have a key. "Please go away Randal; I need to be alone right now." I said quietly.

"It's just us," said the two girls that walked in. "sorry we didn't mean to frighten you, and we didn't mean to make you think that you weren't good enough. Let me guess my idiot brother didn't tell you about us did he?" the first one said.

I looked over at them in shock, "You are Randal's sisters?" I said.

They both nodded their head. "Yeppers!" the second one said, "Randal is our brother, and we are fraternal twins, but really you don't have to worry about anything, Randal loves you with all his heart, in fact I have never seen him act like that to a girl before, only you."

"If he could have he would have rushed in here as soon as you closed the door, but we told him to let us talk to you, and that we could handle it. So he left to go do something, I am not sure what though." The first one said.

Once they stopped talking I really started to look at them closely, and the first one was what looked to be about 5 ft 5. She had light brown hair and was very slender, she wasn't skinny, but she had a very nice figure. She was fair skinned, and she kept dancing around, like she couldn't keep still; which made me think that she was very cheerful and bubbly. The other twin looked almost nothing like the first twin. She had really blonde hair, no hint of brown in it at all, and she was about 5 ft 3, she was also very slender though, but she was really tan, and she wasn't dancing around. She looked like she would be the more serious one, but she still looked like she could have fun when she wants too. The only thing that made them look like they were related was their eyes. They both had hazel eyes and the closer I looked it made me see that they look a lot like Randal's.

"How old are you guys?" I asked nervously.

"We are both seventeen, and we are seniors in high school. I believe that we actually have math together with you, we just didn't recognize you at the time. You can consider us your new best friends, and by the way my name is Ella." The first twin said very bubbly-like. Yep I could definitely tell that she had a very positive and bubbly personality.

"I'm Evelyn," said the second twin, and offered me a small smile. Yep, she is definitely more serious then Ella, I could tell.

Just then there was a knock on the door, and I heard Randal's voice.

"Girls can I come in?" he asked.

"Of course," Ella said, "BUT HOW DARE YOU MISTER?!?! YOU FRIGHTED YOUR MATE TO DEATH, YOU ALREADY SAID SHE WAS FRAGILE, AND WHEN WE CAME IN YOU COULD TELL THAT SHE THOUGHT THAT WE WERE YOUR FRIENDS, AND THAT ONE OF US WAS YOUR GIRLFRIEND, AND YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY SHE THOUGHT THAT???? BECAUSE YOU NEVER TOLD HER THAT YOU HAD SISTERS! WHEN WE CAM E IN HERE SHE WAS CRYING, AND YOU KNOW WHAT SHE SAID? SHE SAID "HOW COULD SHE HAVE BEEN SO STUPID?" HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO HER?" Ella was yelling this by now, while I was bright red in the face, and I couldn't meet his eyes.

"I'm sorry Mel. Truly I am, I just forgot to mention it, because of everything that has been happening lately, I was really going to tell you, honest!" Randal said while he was walking towards me.

"I would never do anything to hurt you on purpose Mel, you know that right?" he then tucked his finger under my chin and raised my head up to meet his eyes. I looked into his eyes and saw honesty, so I nodded my head. I hugged him and started crying into his chest.

"Shh, it's ok angel. I'm here." Randal said.

"We will give you two some privacy," said one of the twins, I think it was Evelyn, but I didn't look over to see if I was right. "I'm sorry" I said. "I was so stupid, I should have just asked you, and I'm so sor..." I was cut off by Randal placing a finger to my lips. "shh, you have nothing to apologize for Mel, I'm the one who's sorry, I should have told you about them sooner, can you forgive me?" Randal asked.

"Yes of course" I said.

He then led me over to the bed, and on the desk beside the bed, I saw a tray with bacon, eggs, hash browns, and two glasses of orange juice on it. Next to it I saw a note that said "I'm sorry" on it. I looked at Randal and then hugged him.

"Come on angel, let's eat." Randal said.

"I can actually eat?" I asked.

"of course, why couldn't you?" he asked.

"Father never let me eat, except for a little bit of dinner, and maybe an apple for breakfast if I was lucky." I said looking down.

Randal tucked a finger under my chin bringing my head up. "You never have to live that way again, I promise you Melody." Then he leaned in and kissed me. I was shocked at first but I started to kiss him back. Then after a couple minutes we broke apart gasping for air. I looked away and blushed bright red. "Hey why are you looking away? Did I rush you, am I moving too fast, Mel, please tell me if I am moving too fast ok? I will wait until you are ready to have a relationship." Randal said gently.

I just shook my head and looked up at him. "You are not moving too fast, it is just that, did I do ok, with the kiss? I have never been kissed and so I didn't know what to do. It was amazing to me, but what if it wasn't for you?" I looked down embarrassed.

"Hey, hey, Melody, look at me." Randal said, so I did, "That was perfect, I couldn't have asked for a better kiss and it gives me joy that I was your first kiss, because it makes it all the more special."

"Really?" I asked.

"Really," he said, "now come on let's eat some breakfast."

"Okay." I said.