Chapter 17 - Last Chapter! -

• Dedicated to Everyone who has read this far!

Al opened his eyes and everyone grinned as he looked around at them all, a smile on his face. "Izumi..Ling..Colonel.." he said, looking around at them, then his face lit up when he saw Hohenheim. "Dad!" he said, reaching out. Ed helped him sit up and Hohenheim grasped his hands, smiling at the happiness that eminated from Al's face. "It feels so warm.." he murmured.

Char knelt down beside him and he looked at her as she smiled. "You're back, Al," she said. He nodded, glancing over at Ed, who was grinning.

"I'm home!" he said happily.

2 years later, Ed slammed the hammer on his hand and yelped, blowing on it. "Man, who knew that something that should be so simple would be so hard," he moaned.

"Ed, you done yet?" Char called from inside, sticking her head out the window. He leant over the side of the roof.

"I'll do it later," he replied. Char grinned and pulled her head back inside before coming out into the balcony with Al. The two of them jumped up into the roof and carefully made their way towards him. They stood together, looking out over the plains.

"It's really vast," Al murmured, Ed and Char nodding in agreement. For a moment they were all silent, then a smile appeared on Ed's face.

"You know guys, I've been thinking," he said.

"Probably the same thing we've been thinking," Al said with a grin.

"Should we get started then?" Char asked, looking at both of them. They nodded, their eyes shining.

Al sat opposite Gracia and Elicia, drinking some tea which Gracia had prepared. "So how have you, your brother and your sister been then?" she asked.

"Fine. Char's gone off to Xerxes to talk to the Ishbalan's, but Ed stayed home while Winry makes him a new leg."

"So he's kept his automail leg?"

"Yeah. He says he wanted to keep it as a reminder. Plus he says Winry would be mad if he didnt want it," Al replied with a laugh. Gracia giggled as Elicia sat there, swinging her legs.

For a moment they were all silent, then Gracia said, "I'm glad you got your body back, Al. I'm sure he would be too."

"Yes...We met a lot of people on our journey, including Hughes, and they all gave us happiness, without me even realising about it. So me and Ed and Char want to give back that happiness."

"Like equivalent exchange?" asked Gracia. Al shook his head.

"It's a new rule we've come up with. What if someone gave you ten, but then you gave eleven back? Just adding on an extra one. I guess the idea is a little complicated, but we want to try and prove it." Gracia smiled.

"I'm sure you'll all do fine. You have good hearts, kind hearts. You'll manage it."

"Thanks. Oh, I better get going. I said I'd meet up with Zampano and Jerso."

"Alright then, I'll see you soon," Gracia said as Elicia waved goodbye.

Ed walked down towards the train station, Winry following behind them. He paid for a ticket and sat on one of the benches.

"Remember to oil it everyday," Winry said.

"Yeah."

"Make sure all the screws are tightened."

"Uh huh."

"Dry it off as soon as you get out of the bath!"

"Okay."

"Are you even listening?"

"Mm-hmm."

There came the sound of a train whistle, and the two of them looked up, Winry standing. "Looks like it's almost here," she said. Ed looked at her, gulping.

When the train pulled into the station he got up, walking towards it. "Be careful!" Winry called.

"Will do."

"And make sure to ring first to make an appointment!"

"Right." He walked towards the train, before stopping. "An appointment.." he murmured, before turning to face Winry. She looked confused.

"Ed, are you alright?" she asked.

Ed took a deep breath, then said, "It's equivalent exchange! I give you half of my life, and you give me half of yours!"

Winry seemed to gasp, her eyes widening, then suddenly sighed. "Geez, why are Alchemist's always like this? Going on about 'equivalent exchange'..."

She looked at him, her blue eyes bright. "You want half? I'll give you all of it." Suddenly what he said occured to her, and she blushed beetroot red. "O-okay, maybe not all of it...90%? No..how about 80%? 70% not enough...how about 85...yeah, 85 is a good number!"

Ed suddenly burst out laughing, and Winry looked at him with a pout. "You're incredible, just like I thought. To overturn the law of equivalent exchange like it was nothing.." he said with a grin.

"Are you making fun of me?" Winry asked, before Ed pulled her into a hug.

"No...You cheered me up, so thanks. I'll see you later, okay?" Winry looked surprised, then hugged him back and nodded.

"Yep!"

"So even Edward's gone off on a journey now?" one of the caretakers asked as the train pulled off. Winry nodded.

"Yeah..But this is what's best for him. Guys that stay put are boring anyway," she said with a smile."

Several years later, two children ran around chasing a large wolf. One of them was a boy, the older of the two, and the other was a girl. The boy had gold hair and eyes, while the girl had gold hair and blue eyes. "Guys, come on back! It's time for lunch!" a voice called from a house on top of the hill. The two children turned and ran back up, the dog following.

"Mummy, what's for lunch?" the boy asked as he slid into his place.

"Why dont you eat it and find out?" suggested his mum, placing a plate of food infront of both of them.

"Mummy~?" the girl asked.

"Yes sweetie?"

"When is Daddy gonna get back?"

"As soon as Uncle Al and Auntie Char arrive at the station."

"Yay!" they both cheered together, the dog giving a yap.

"Hey Mummy, when they get back, can you tell us that story from when you were younger again?" asked the boy.

"Yeah yeah, pleeeease?" pleaded the girl. Their mum laughed.

"If you want," she said, ruffling their hair, and the two of them grinned.