Love and other bad things

“Elliot” I hissed pushing his sleeping form. Elliot was passed out on the kitchen floor and I was trying my best to wake him up.

“Get up, I need your help cleaning up” I refrained from slapping him in the face and groaned when he began snoring.

The party had been over for about an hour and I was the only one left to clean up. Talia was off hibernating somewhere, while Elliot lay here passed out, and Seth…was nowhere to be found.

“Okay, lets at least get you up to your room so you can sleep in your bed” I mumbled trying to get him up.

“Need help?” A voice came over my shoulder. My breathing hitched as I turned to find Seth shirtless and in basketball shorts. The sight was fascinating but I averted my eyes as quickly as I could. If I wanted to get over whatever this was I was feeling for Seth, I couldn’t blatantly stare at his shirtless form.

“Yes” I said formally, “I believe he is passed out”

“Oh God” Seth grumbled bending to put Elliot in a sitting position. From there he put Elliot’s arms over his shoulders and, using his leg muscles, hefted him up over his back.

Seth turned to me with a grin ready to say something but I didn’t stick around to hear it.

“I will go find Talia” I said quickly walking out the sliding doors.

I stayed outside for about twenty minutes, picking up various cans and bottles before deeming it safe to go back inside. Good, no sign of Seth.

I made my way up the stairs and was just about to open my room door when Seth’s door opened. I froze.

“Hey, Trisha” A high voice whispered.

“Sloppy brunette drunk?” I said incredulously. He actually entertained this dimwit in his room? “What are you doing here?”

“What do you think?” She giggled hopping on one foot to put her black pumps on. I noticed her dress wasn’t zipped up all the way and inwardly cringed. What came next, shocked both the slob and myself.

“Are you crying?” She slurred. I shook my head at her and blinked profusely.

“You’re drunk, you don’t know what you’re talking about” I mumbled slamming my door in her face. I knew that Seth and I weren’t exclusive or anything but I couldn’t help the tug that was playing at my heart. Why did it hurt so badly?

I tossed and turned all night with Seth on my mind. I wished my mind had a delete button and I could just erase the idiot out but I couldn’t. I found myself day dreaming about those intense green eyes and felt my throat constrict. Water, that’s what I needed.

Surely my tear ducts felt like overflowing due to the fact that I had ran around so much at the party and were now trying to over compensate for water deprivation, right?

I began slowly tiptoeing down the stairs and almost did a double take when I saw the state of cleanliness the living room was in. It didn’t even look like there had just been a crazy party in it! I slowly crept towards the kitchen and my jaw almost dropped. It was sparkling! Even with the dim glow the moon set from the sliding doors, I could see that every surface had been scrubbed clean. I silently thanked God for Talia and walked over to the cupboard. Grabbing a cup, I filled it with water from the tap.

“Fancy seeing you here”

“I-I-was just um thirsty…I thought that water would, you know, quench it” I said spinning to meet Seth. He regarded me with a confused look before grinning.

“Okay”

“I gotta go” I quickly tried to move past him but his strong arm came out to stop me.