Author's Monster-Induced Rant

Originally I was just going to say this at the end of the next chapter in the author’s notes, but I’m hyped up on Monster and this seems like a great idea right now! 

It’s not, of course, but whatever. I want this to be said and some way or another, it was going to be said! 

So lately, I’ve been getting a few comments and messages from people who aren’t happy with where the story is heading. The only reason I’m even mentioning this is because one of the messages pissed me off, to be honest. I understand that you guys have your opinions on the story, and I like that you share them. I really do. I like hearing what you guys think and I love your comments! 

But when you, like this person, blatantly disregard the fact that you’re the reader, not the writer, and basically tell me what to do with my story… then, I’m not happy! 

Since when did writing become all about pleasing the public? It didn’t. If it has for you, then you need to set a couple things straight! I know some writers are like that, and I’ve even seen some writers who freaking ask their public what they want to happen next, but I can assure you, I am not one of those writers. The “writers” who do that clearly aren’t worthy of being called writers. 

Writing should be about what you want to do. Where you want to take the story, not where your fans want to take it. 

To me, writing isn’t just some hobby. It’s basically the only place where I have total control. I don’t have to listen to anybody. I do what I want. 

So if you don’t like where my story is headed… TOUGH. It’s my story, and I’d appreciate it if you would quit telling me you don’t like the fact that I’m going with my gut and doing what I want to do with my story. I am not going to change anything for you. The story has been written out already and unless you have a positive comment or message with a positive idea, seriously, don’t even bother. 

So if I want a happy ending, there will be a happy ending! 

If I want Christian Ryder to get hit by a bus, he will get hit by a motherfucking bus! 

If I want everyone to die in a zombie apocalypse at the very end, everyone will fucking die in a zombie apocalypse at the very end! 

I realize this is basically only relevant to a few people, but I still wanted to say it. 

And I'm adding this quickly, because I just remembered it. I can't make everyone happy. Some of you want a happy ending, some want a sad ending. I can't do both, obviously. Not everyone is going to be happy with the ending, and since this is inevitable, I'm simply making sure I'm happy with my ending.

Sorry for the rant by the way ;)