Part Two & Part Three

Part Two

Sprinting, Link made it to the well in no time. He kept a close eye out, but there was no sign of Bruk anywhere along the path.

He stopped to catch his breath at the well and then he noticed something. Although there were no supplies on the ground, the wells rope was lowered halfway down. He approached the stone wall around it and leant over it to look inside. The wooden bucket was suspended in the air just above the dark water, swaying slightly.

He made to move away from the well when the hairs on the back of his neck stood on end. He froze and held his breath. He heard nearly silent breathing and soft thump, thump, as who ever or what ever it was moved closer to him.

When he felt hands on his back it was to late. He'd been pushed.

He toppled into the well head first, letting out a shout. He splashed into the cold water, barely able to see anything as he surfaced and gasped for air. He looked up just in time to see the silhouette of a head disappear from sight.

He didn't know what to do. The rope and bucket he thought was just above the water was actually a good four or five feet over his head and he just couldn't reach it. He knew he couldn't swim forever and he couldn't feel the bottom of the well even when he ducked under the water a few feet. He tried climbing up the stone walls, but it was so dark and his fingers couldn't find a place to lock onto and they were too damp to actually grip anything when he did.

The only thing he could do was hope and wait for Bellatrine to come looking for him, and bring help. He didn't want her to get pushed in, or have something worse happen to her. He didn't even find Bruk when he came, what if something bad happened to him? What if the same thing happened to Bellatrine?

He waited for what seemed like hours. His limbs were growing tired from working to stay afloat. The sun had repositioned itself in the sky so that he could see a little bit better and he found a chip in one of the stones that his fingers could get inside and he supported his weight that way, giving his aching limbs a rest.

When the sun repositioned in the sky again, and the blue grew darker, he lost all hope. He didn't know how much longer he could stand this. He didn't know if he was going to make it out alive. He didn't think he'd ever see his family, his little sister, ever again. He didn't think he'd ever see anyone again. He closed his eyes. And minutes later, his hand slipped.

He cracked his eyes open underneath the water and he knew he had to get back up the surface. He knew but he didn't. And right before his world grew darker than it already was, he could've sworn he saw a little white light.

Part Three

He'd thought it was over. But he woke up and he could breathe, he could see. His head felt groggy as he tried to pry his eyes open enough to look around.

When he did he noticed a few things. For one, the air around him looked strange. He could see small specks as the floated around and reflected the light of the sun in an odd way. Second, he looked around and saw the stones of the well and he felt the floor beneath him. Last, when he looked up at the sun, it's image wavered as if... as if he was looking at it through... water.

He gasped in shock and the water whooshed down his throat. He panicked and shot for the surface, gasping for air when he got there.

Link.

He froze. He knew that voice.

It's Zelda, can you hear me?

Zelda? But he thought-

I'm sorry to have scared you, but I had to act quickly. You would've died had I not interfered.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He said, when he recovered from the shock.

When you almost drowned I acted through my Sister and put the tunic on you so you would be able to breathe under the water.

The familiar little white and gold wisp suddenly appeared before him as Zelda mentioned her. He looked down at himself and saw he wore a blue tunic. Wasn't it supposed to be white?

The tunic is enchanted, Link. Who ever wears it can adapt to survive, whether it be water or fire, you will be able to live through it. Not only that but it also adjusts to help you in situations that may disrupt your full potential, for example, the darkest of nights or the brightest of lights.

"Is that everything it protects me from?" He asked her.

Not protect, Link. You must understand that. The tunic allows you to breathe under water or stand the heat of a volcano, but if you were to be attacked by a creature that uses water or fire against you, you will be hurt if you don't know how to defend yourself properly.

He nodded, understanding.

Now you must tell me something. She said. I can get you out of this well, but there are two ways. You must decide which.

"What are they?"

The first will get you back to Torsain, with your family, but know this, Link; something awful is brewing here in Torsain, and I fear the worst for you if you go back.

The second will get you to your first destination. The enchanted Lost Woods where you will find the sword you can use on your quest. But if you chose to go, you will not be able to return to Torsain Village for a long time.

What is it you choose?

"You're saying that if I go back to Torsain now, I have no chance of saving them, right?" He asked. "And if I leave, I will?"

I am sorry, but it is so. If you leave now, you have a chance, a small one, for I fear you might not make it back in time to save this village. Link, you must choose now.

He lowered his head, silently embracing the weight that was now and forever on his shoulders. He looked up at the little white wisp with a new fire in his eyes. "Take me to the Lost Woods."