The Very Thing

"Now everyone listen. If anyone has to speak, please raise your hand then I will call upon you. If I acknowledge you, you may stand and then speak. If I do not, wait until I will. Again, I want everyone to listen carefully."

Saber stood near the center so everyone could hear him.

"As I speak, I hope that all of you would give me and everyone else in the room respect when someone speaks. The topic I am about to reveal to you is of great importance. If any questions arise, please, cooperate and speak peacefully. Does everyone agree to these terms?"

Everyone nodded at each other in approval to Saber. We all contracted that this was purely business and that everything needed to go in a serious manner.

"Good." Saber replied to our nods. "Now, let us begin with the history of Fatenturia..."

Saber went on a brief summary of the past of Fatenturia and how the wars began, then slowly after telling the history, he began to tell the story of the princess. No one really understood that much as to where the whole thing was going, but trusting in what Saber had to say, we listened.

He began to mention the legend or story of how everyone believed the princess's story went, and as he spoke, it was soon finished and no wasted time mingled among it for he knew the story well. It must be all true then, what Saber had been telling the whole time, even if the people of the town didn't believe the whole thing because of the belief that he was hiding another part of the story and such. Most believed that parts of the story he mentioned were untrue, for Saber never mentioned where and who the princess was. It only ended with the princess was alive and well after the war or that she made it safely. When people would ask what had happened to the child, he would shun them away kindly, saying that it was not for them to know at the time being.

So it was so, that soon people began making different assumptions about the princess, if she were ever really truly alive, or if it was just a story. Soon the story was known to some as legend, but Angel believed there was a princess throughout her life. It began to fade since then, her belief that she was truly alive, but every time that it began to fade, she always found new-found hope that she is alive.

As Angel listened to Saber tell the story once more, she remembered herself as a little girl, knowing there was a princess and that she was searching for her tirelessly, and always energetically.

Saber had finished his telling. He paused, looked at Angel as her eyes were wide taking in every single bit of the story as she always did as a child. She just thought that he was just looking at her, like everyone else in the room, so she didn't think of it any more.

Saber ended; Angel once again grasped within the story. It's adventure, adrenaline, courage, and bravery. Including the survival of the hope filled people and a princess.

Angel never got to tell Abason this, but if Abason was the prince of Alleyal, wouldn't his birthday be the same day as the princess?

Angel brushed the question aside for the moment and waited until Saber said the last words to the story. It wasn't a long while until he was finished that Angel wanted to ask the question, but was thinking that the question would be irrelevant. Or maybe it wasn't...If Saber knew the birthday of the princess..and if she knew the birthday of Abason..they can find the princess in the village if they crossed out those who weren't born on that day..

Angel got excited about her brain storm, and then raised her hand like a child in a classroom.

"You have something to say now, Angel?" Saber was definitely not expecting something to rise up so quickly. He thought there would be a few questions as to why he was telling the story, and he was thinking that Angel was about to ask it. He didn't expect her to ask..he was thinking more of Daven or Roy asking because they always questioned a lot of things and went about fooling around, but Angel? He was surprised.