Chapter 10: Surprise Plan

"Dinner is done."

I managed to finish the dinner in a timely manner. Also, I made roasted herb potatoes and some salad with Italian dressing. Angela was helping with plating the food in a family style. Matthew had went off somewhere. As I set the table, I heard the front door open.

"That might be Adrian," Angela said to me. I gave her a nod and walked over to the front to see that it was Adrian who had walked into the room. My hands were shaking. I hadn't seen Adrian for a while so I was a bit nervous. I turned at the corner to see him there.

He didn't look like he had been staying in the office for a long time. In fact, he looked ready to go to work. His clothes were smooth with no wrinkles. His hair was not in a mess. He had no facial hair showing.

He simply walked away to the stairs without looking at me. My mood went down a bit. I took a deep breath and walked back into the kitchen to finish setting the table. I took the bowl of risotto in my hands. "Did he see you?" she asked me.

What should I say?

"Adrian is here. He said that he will be down in a bit," Matthew said and took the risotto bowl from my hands. "You don't have to help. You are the guest," I said to him as I tried to take the bowl from him but, he was taller than me.

"It's alright. I'm your brother in law. I'm suppose to help my little sister," he said to me and walked to the dining table. "That goes for me too," Angela said as she walked passed me with the salad bowl and the plate of sliced steaks.

I took the plate of roasted potatoes and walked to the dining table. We sat down and waited for Adrian to come to dinner. Matthew walked to the wine shelf. "I should get some water," I said to them and got up from the table. "I'll go get them," Angela offered to me.

"No. I'll go," I said to her and walked to the kitchen to get some water for everyone. After getting the waters, I walked to the table to see Adrian who was about to take his seat. He had changed into some more comfortable clothes but, they were still a bit formal like his work clothes.

He turned his head to me. I lowered my head and walked to the table with the tray of waters. Water was placed in front of everyone. "Thank you," Angela said to me. "Your welcome," I said to her with a small smile.

I placed the tray nearby and took my own seat. Adrian didn't help. Matthew noticed it and said the prayer. "Thank you for the food," we said in unison and started to pass the food around. After everyone had food on their plate, we started to eat and I could tell that Matthew and Angela was enjoying the food.

"This is amazing," Matthew said and looked at me with a big smile on his face. "Thank you," I said to him. "I wish I can cook as good as you," Angela said and took a bite of the risotto. "What do you think Adrian?" Matthew asked his little brother.

"It's great," he said with a smile on his face.  I felt my heart swell. He liked my cooking. It was the first time that he was tasting my food. Angela and Matthew gave each other a smile and continued to eat their food happily.

Matthew and Adrian talked about business while Angela and I talked about married life. She was telling me how Matthew would be romantic every month. He would plan something romantic for her. I wondered if Adrian would do something like that.

"That reminds me. Where are you two going for your honeymoon?" Angela asked Adrian and I. To be honest, I didn't know if we were going to go on a honeymoon because Adrian was very busy with his work. Plus, he didn't seem to like me.