Chapter 8: Cooking

Your P.O.V.

You took a breath after you were done writing two overdue essays. Your eyes wandered over to the clock to check the time. 12:56. You had just spent most of your Friday night working on your homework. You kept thinking about the frustration of being in that two-week coma. It had given you so much work from school. Then you thought about how if you didn't heal Brody he would probably be dead by now. Besides, Natalie is really happy with him. That was worth getting in a coma for. You got up from the desk in your room to start getting ready for bed. After you slipped on some pajamas you crawled into your soft bed. Your house was very quiet considering your whole family left you there alone. Trying not to stress about all the work you had to do tomorrow, you started to drift away into slumber. Then you felt something brush your feet. You slowly opened your eyes to see a figure on top of you. You opened your mouth to scream but their hand shushed it before it came out.

"Shhhh It's me, Peter."

You moved his hand away from your mouth.

"Peter what the hell?"

"There was a spider in my bed can I sleep here?"

You let out a small giggle.

"That's what you get for living in a basement."

"So is that a yes?"

"Yeah just don't wake me up again."

He slipped under the covers next to you. His arm grabbed your waist to pull you closer to his chest. He placed a gentle kiss on your neck.

"Goodnight y/n."

"Goodnight Peter."

Then you drifted off into a peaceful sleep.

Peter's P.O.V.

I slowly opened my eyes to sunlight coming out of the window. My hand came off of y/n's waist to block the beam of light. She rolled over in her sleep. I shouldn't wake her up she looks too peaceful. I slowly got out of the bed making my way to her desk. Looking at the homework she had gotten, I realized she wasn't even halfway done yet. She must be really stressed about this. Maybe I can do something to help but what? I can't do the homework for her because that's technically wrong. Then I got an idea. What if I made her breakfast? A good breakfast might help her concentrate better. I dashed downstairs to her kitchen. Looking around at what she had I decided to make some simple eggs and bacon. That shouldn't be that hard. I set a pan out on the stove while throwing on some pieces of bacon to cook. Did she like her eggs scrambled or fried? I'll just go with scrambled eggs. As I picked up an egg to crack a squirt of bacon juice hit my arm causing me to drop the egg. Shit. I immediately cleaned it up and threw the shell away. Well it can't get worse than that. I looked back over at the bacon. It's barely cooked at all. There has to be something that could help cook the bacon faster. I looked around the cabinets till I saw vegetable oil. Maybe this will make it a little healthier as well? I filled the pan with oil and turned the heat on high. Another squirt of grease hit my face. Ouch. I found a pan lid in on of the cupboards and slapped it on top. Now that I won't be sprayed, let's get started on the eggs! I cracked some eggs into a bowl and started mixing them together. When I'm done with the bacon I'll just wash out the pan and cook the eggs with it. I don't want y/n having all these dishes to clean. I moved back over to the pan to check on the bacon. It looked about ready to flip. As I lifted the lid slowly to avoid grease spats, the whole pan burst into flames. I jumped back slowing time down. Shit, okay I can fix this. Water puts out fire just throw fire on it. I sped over to the pantry and grabbed a pack of water bottles. I proceeded to empty bottles onto the fire. Then I went back to normal time to see if it put it out. But the fire had only gotten bigger. How? I ran my fingers through my silver hair realizing how screwed I was. Then I felt a burning sensation on my chest. I looked down and my clothes were on fire. Well shit. Time slowed down again as I quickly ripped my clothes off down to my boxers. Okay maybe if I start throwing random stuff on it, it will go out? I didn't think cooking was that complicated. When I opened the cabinet the first thing I saw was baking soda. I grabbed it thinking why not? This situation couldn't get worse. I poured the baking soda onto the fire. When I returned it to normal time the fire slowly diminished. Wow I didn't think that would actually work. then I looked back at my clothes which were still on fire. I grabbed them and threw them on the ground to stomp them out. I looked at the aftermath of the fire. Nothing seemed to be damaged except the pot. The bacon was burnt. Water was everywhere on the counters and the floor. The extra baking soda was getting soaked into the water making a white pasty substance. I ran my hands through my hair which was somehow drenched in water. I took a breath of relief. Then I turned my head to the side to see y/n standing before the mess. Shit.