Chapter 4

Designated duties were handed out between Harry and Louis the moment they stepped into the decently proportioned, well-stocked grocery store that rested an hour away from their home. At least, Louis was about to be quiet and just nab a trolley for himself but upon attempting to do so he discovered that Harry already retrieved one for them.

While Harry wished he could touch some part of Louis for the entire span of their shopping trip, he had to let the sight of said boy walking ahead of him suffice. Louis had the sweetest physique and it went so ideally against his own. The boy was petite and full of life, no more muscle than an average human. He had the daintiest wrists and ankles that Harry could circle with one hand. Louis' chest was narrow so that it fitted in a perfect slot between his broader shoulders, a smaller puzzle piece finding its home.

He could walk at any pace with the trolley because Louis seemed to function at his pace. Harry leaned forward with his elbows on the handle and strolled leisurely behind his mate, always assessing some tremendously intoxicating feature of his.

Louis handled fresh produce first, tying up bundles of herbs and heads of lettuce in clear plastic packets. Harry watched him like a hawk, always a foot away from him and blocking him from public sight because he's extra protective in public.

"What do you think?" Louis held up a bunch of green leaves, tiny ones that were crisp and pungent when Harry sniffed them.

"I don't remember this herb." The Dominus said as he frowned, discreetly setting his hand on Louis' lower back.

"Neither have I. It smells good though." Louis can feel the weight on his back and smiles to his self satisfaction, hiding it by ducking his head.

They get enough of what they need to last them a long while. Fresh foods are bound to go off so Louis doesn't buy an abundance. Harry has to pick up a pocket of potatoes from the ground when Louis asks for his help, the Dominus does not miss an opportunity to show off his physical strength. It doesn't do anything for Louis and Harry isn't surprised, more like settled in his initial conception.

When Louis is choosing the right pack of rosy red apples beside a woman picking out guavas, Harry scans all the bunches of bananas before putting it into the cart. Louis returns to his side after thirteen seconds of being away and still is his shyness evident, for he softly excuses himself before stepping past Harry to the trolley.

It offends Harry.

The Dominus' true internal nature flares up as he spins around on the heel of his boot, looking at Louis with squinted eyes. It's his instinct to be upset when his mate isn't immediately opening up to him, trained for this to be such. However his own self means more and Louis means the most. He will contend with agony and celibacy forever for this wonderful boy.

"Bananas?" Louis picks up the yellow selection of fruit and assesses them in Harry's panicked silence. "Okay."

They keep the bananas and in the dairy isle, Harry gets to stack multiple six packs of long life milk into their trolley. He wonders how Louis can do this without needing pen and paper, as he did everytime he had to handle his own pantry. Louis has a denim jacket on that's as little as him, covering half his face when the collar is flipped up as it is now.

After getting the butter and yogurt, Louis takes Harry's hand by sudden impulse and leads him into the bakery at the back. The Dominus declares himself to be weak, for he merely stares at where their hands are joined without breathing properly. It's as if Louis read his mind and knew that Harry wanted contact with him.

"Have you ever had these?" Louis is pressed to Harry's side, lighting the Dominus' skin on fire even over his heavy leather jacket.

Harry has to look down and when he does, he's met with the sight of Louis propelling a type of cheesy bun towards him. He recognises the smell and nods, still floored by how close they are in public whilst secretly being smug about it.