Chapter 9

Enjoy. Comment and Star.
*
Rosalinda's jaw dropped. "Is that all you think about?"

As he flicked through his phone knowing very well he had a lifetime worth of emails and contracts to read over. Leon smirked at her question. "What are you referring to little one?"

Rosalinda glared at him. "Sex. You're always thinking about sex."

The man had the nerve to scoff at her. He took her hand into his and led it down to the hard bulge on the front of his pants. Rosalinda gasped, yanking her hand away.

Leon shook his head at her innocent reaction. "I'm going away for a bit."

"Oh." Rosalinda said shrugging her shoulder.

She vaguely recalls a conference that required traveling.

"That's all you have to say?" He questioned, something about the sound of his voice made it seem as if he were annoyed by her reaction.

Rosalinda looked down at her wet shoes. What else was she going to say? Don't go? Her heart clench, at not being able to see the same amused smirk he reserved for her, their random banters about irrelevant topics over the phone or through texting, but she wasn't going to hang off his leg and beg him to stay.

"I don't know what to say." She admitted.

He shook his head and fished for his car keys. "You could start off by saying how much you'll miss me."

It was her turn to scoff. "Sorry to brake it to you, but I hardly know you to say something like that."

Lies! She was going to miss his, her brain was in denial while, her heart was ready to climb up her body to the stubborn organ and beat it to a pulp.

He walked to the car in silence. Leon held the door open for her to get in and he followed, in deafening silence he began driving. "So you're saying you won't miss me being around."

Rosalinda bit her lip. "I'll miss you, being around." Wasn't it obvious? He brightened her mood any time he was around. In addition, clearly see how much nicer he was around her and others whenever they were together. Her presence acted like a balm towards Leon's cold personality and he quelled her loneliness.

It warmed her to know, she was slowly worming her way closer to him. He confessed a couple things to her, such as how he used to drink on a daily. Not to the point that he was addicted, but he sadly admitted that it numbed him allowing him to work better. It made her ache at the she wasn't there when he needed support, but was glad that she was with him now.

"Where are you going if you don't mind me asking?" She was tempted to ask, that same day she discovered about his travels, but she didn't want to look desperate or nosy.

"South America. I would ask you to come along, but I already know the answer." He admitted.

Rosalinda laughed. "Yes I would have said no, school is about to begin."

He sighed. "I would give you the whole damn world if you give into me."

Shocked by his words Rosalinda didn't know what to say. She wasn't ready to commit to anything. She took comfort in his presence, and that alone was enough for the moment. Rosalinda was shocked to hear the sincerity in his voice.

"I don't want the world."

"Of course you don't." They reached the apartment complex. He didn't say a word and Rosalinda took that as her queue to leave. Getting out the car she walked to complex and opened the door. She was surprised he didn't open her door and walk to all the way up to her front door, like he usually did.