Chapter 6

Harry's been gone for a little over six hours and Louis has no idea what to expect when that door swings open, bangs against the wall and a trail of snow follows the Dominus in. He chews on his thumb nail whilst anticipating it, unable to concentrate longer than a second on a line from Heidi as selected from Harry's mini library.

The fire is just right in allowing him the allocation of heat Louis requires to keep from having his toes frozen off. He sits in the middle of the couch with one knee bent in the air, the threads of that joggers leg being picked at relentlessly. Louis has to distract himself from staring out the window at random intervals, marking beacons between how late it's becoming.

He decides on actually finishing a chapter of the classic novel he started before wrapping himself up in three of the quilts they have laid out downstairs, hoping to have a nap. The latter is a complete fail as he is left to stare blankly into the crackling, powerful orange flames of the fireplace.

His eyes close but they're too restless, along with all his limbs, to actually have some rest. Louis sighs in frustration at himself and huffs in the silence, rolling onto his front and smashing his face into the first pillow his hands grab. It turns out to be Harry's pillow because it's scented heavily with musky and vanilla, the two vital ingredients in all that the Dominus smells like.

Louis relaxes at the phantom presence of his Dominus, his body sagging into the sofa cushions as he let's his mind fill with Harry's earthy appeal. It always calmed him right down but sent him skyrocketing towards a high at the same time. The excitement made him giddy and turn red in the face, secretly wanting to be caught cuddling Harry's pillow.

The door opens, completing the sequence of hitting the wall with the force exerted on it.

Everything that settles in and around Louis flies away from their peace, shot to Hell when the electricity shocks his nerves so they're alert once again. He stays frozen and staring at his reflection in the flames, mind racing. Heavy footsteps behind him echo through his sense of hearing and he pushes himself up to look over the back of the couch, the sheets he's covered in clutched to his chest.

"Harry?" He whispers below his regular volume, lips dry once again and eyes wide.

The hunched form of his Dominus is unmistakeable, except he's not turning away from the door handle which his hand was holding onto. Louis swallows thickly and shuffles a bit to sit up straighter. Harry's jacket is protecting him the freezing cold conditions and his skin where its sleeves ended looked particularly pale.

Louis can't take the silence, can't handle merely staring at the back of the man he loves while Harry's chest heaved and his eyes were obscenely blank. The boy hops off the couch and cautiously makes his way closer, shutting the door first because the toasty atmosphere of their abode was dropping dangerously.

"My love?" He takes one of Harry's hands in his, lacing his fingers through Harry's icicle appendages.

Looking up expectantly, Louis drops Harry's hood back down to his shoulders and studies the empty shade of green staring back at him. He's a little frightened by the lack of motion or forwardness, but tries not to verbalise that.

"Are you okay?" He brings Harry's hand to his back where the Dominus liked to hold at all times, letting the cold palm settle on his bare skin under his sweater.

He's slammed into the wall, the wind knocked out of him in an unpredictable gasp when his arched back hits the wall. Harry forcefully pulls him forward so their abdomens were lined up, flush against each other's. He swooped down and latched onto Louis' neck with ravenous lips and teeth, groaning loudly into the delectable skin as he tasted it.