Year 4 | A New Game

MANY STUDENTS HAD gathered in the goblet room to watch who submitted their names

     MANY STUDENTS HAD gathered in the goblet room to watch who submitted their names. Bleachers were posted around the center of the room for the audience to sit down as they overlooked the goblet of fire, the blue flames dancing as the large goblet itself was posted on a marble pedestal.

     Harry, Lily, Hermione and Ron all sat together; Hermione read one of Lily's textbooks whilst the other girl watched uninterestedly. The two boys watched with grins on their faces as older students placed their names into the flame on pieces of parchment, to which it was followed by the applauding crowd and cheering friends behind them. Cedric was one of them and as the flames ate his piece of parchment, his friends whooped and clapped him on the back.

    "Eternal glory, be brilliant wouldn't it?" Ron gazed at the goblet longingly, "In three years from now we'll be old enough to be choosen."

     "Yeah well rather you than me." Harry replied and then turned his head as many of the students seated on the bleachers began to cheer. They all looked up to see Fred and George coming through the doors with huge grind on their faces.

     "Thank you, thank you!" George grinned, looking to his twin, "Well lads we've  done it."

     "Cooked it up just this morning." Fred held up two flasks filled with a colored liquid.

    Ron looked at Lily, "Did you know about this?"

    She shook her head, "Nope."

     "It's not going to work." Hermione said in a mocking singsong voice.

" Hermione said in a mocking singsong voice

     "Oh yeah?" Fred asked.

     "And why's that Granger?" George continued.

     "You see this?" Hermione pointed to the line of white powder that encircled the area around the goblet. "This is an age line. Dumbledore drew it himself.

     "So?"

   "So a genius like Dumbledore couldn't possibly be fooled by something pathetically dimwitted such as an aging potion." Hermione finished.