I Can't Lose You Again~Kit

I was sitting in front of Doctor Thredson as he looked through my file. I had just arrived in the asylum and had been sent here. The office was dark and bare. With only a desk, two chairs and some cabinets.

I watched as he clicked his pen a few times. You're probably wondering what Ive done to get in here. I was working in a shop when someone passed out. I immediately ran over to him but it was too late, he had bashed his head in the fall. I called the police and when they arrived they came to the conclusion that I had killed him. Everyone said that it was me so I eventually stopped denying it. They wouldn't listen to me anyway. I know I didn't kill him.

Doctor Thredson cleared his throat and I looked up at him.

"So a murderer?" He said looking over his glasses at me. I had never felt so small in my life. The gown that they had gave me draped over me and the shoes where paper thin.

"Just last month someone was brought in exactly like you." He said leaning forward and clasping his hands. I didn't know how to reply. I wanted to shout that it was all I lie but it would only make things worse.

"Actually I think it would be nice for you to meet him. He could show you around." He said. I knew he was trying to be nice to me but the way he spoke made me feel like there was something not right about him.

He stood up and left the room. I sat there twiddling my thumbs and listening to the seconds tick by. I don't want to meet a murderer. I don't want to meet any of the psychos here.

"Um I think I've to show you around." A voice spoke from the doorway. The voice sounded so familiar and my head shot up. My eyes landed on the face that I thought I'd never see again and i gasped with excitement.

"Kit!?" After I spat out the word he looked up from the ground and his face lit up. I stood up and he ran towards me. He embraced me in a bone crushing hug and picked me up off my feet.

"I thought I'd never see you again." Kit breathed into my neck and I could feel myself begin to tear up.

Kit was my best-friend all my life until a few months ago when he disappeared. My family wouldn't speak about him and whenever I brung him up they'd shut me down. I had looked everywhere but to my dismay he was gone.

"I thought you died." I muttered back and I could feel him shake his head.

"They wouldn't let me call you. Said I would only cause harm" he sniffed and I felt my heart become weak. A thought rushed to my brain and I pulled away from him.

"You k-killed someone?" I stuttered, his face fell and he begun to shake his head.

"No! They said I did but I didn't. You have to believe me. I'd never hurt anyone Y/N." He spoke and I knew he was telling the truth. Kit wasn't like that.

"I believe you Kit." I state and his smile beams down on me.

"What did you do to find your self in this shithole?" He asks raising his eyebrows.

Everything came back to me in that moment. Speaking to Kit made me forget every bad thing. "I was working and he just passed out. I never saw him. I just heard the thud. The police came they said it was me. They took me in. Oh kit it was terrible. You should of saw my mum. She looked at me as if I wasn't her daughter... Like I was a monster. Then she left and I was all alone. In that cell. By myself. Until they took me here. I was so scared kit." I rambled out. Finally telling my story to someone I knew would listen. I felt Kits large hands take my smaller ones.

"It's okay Y/N. I've got you now. I won't let anything bad happen to you again." He said tilting my head to look at him.

"Promise?" I asked slightly smiling.

"Promise." He states. I knew that I shouldn't be happy. But it's hard to be sad. My best friends back.

"Now come on. I gotta show you round this hell that I've called home these last few months." He smiles and leads me out the room. His hand never leaves mines as he shows me around the asylum.

We get to the main hall and I gulp. They're a lot more crazy people in here than I thought. Kit goes to walk in but I stand still, stopping him. He turns around and his face softens.

"It's okay Y/N. No one'll touch you. I won't let 'em." He says and I take a deep breath in. "As long as I'm here, no one'll ever tough you again." He smiles and I can't help but feel like everything's going to be okay.

"But what will happen when you're not there Kit?" I ask feeling worried again.

"I'm going to be with you forever Y/N. I'm never taking my eyes off you. Without you, everyday was a living nightmare. I couldn't sleep, couldn't eat, couldn't even think straight. I just got you back. I can't lose you again." He says trailing off nearer the end. I can't imagine what it must have been like for him these past months. He probably thought I didn't want to see him.

I shake the thought out of my head and rub his hand with my thumb. "It's okay. I'm here now." I reply comforting him. He sadly smiles and we walk in together.

••••••••••••

Im so sorry about the big gaps in between the chapters. It's just with school and everything i barely have the time to write. But don't worry I'll continue writing since I love doing it and seeing you guys enjoying it makes me so happy. What character should I do next? I've got a few requests but im always welcoming more.

~Abbie💕