Chapter 19

Melody's POV

Today was my birthday, I don't know what I expected but I certainly didn't expect to be woken up at the crack of dawn by Xavier.

"Hey Mel, wake up! Melody!" Xavier whisper-yelled.

"Ugh, what?" I grumbled.

"Be ready in 5 minutes, I have a surprise." Xavier said and then left.

I just groaned and then got up and got dressed. I looked over and saw a beautiful dress that looked about my size. I looked around and saw a note.

Hey beautiful,

I'm so sorry I couldn't be there when you woke up, but I want you to wear this dress, I hope you like it. When you are done hanging out with Xavier then go meet up with Ella and Evelyn. They will have the next note.

I love you!

Randal

I looked up from the note with tears in my eyes. I looked at the dress again and put it on. It really was beautiful, it was a blue skater dress and it was also ombre. So the top was like denim blue and as it descended down to around the waist the color became a white color and the very bottom of the dress was a baby blue color. It also came with a white belt, and some matching flats that were the same colors as the dress. After I was dressed I ran downstairs to find Xavier in the kitchen making my favorite breakfast from when I was a kid.... Double chocolate chip pancakes!!! Out of chocolate and vanilla I am definitely a chocolate girl! He then placed the pancakes in front of me.

After breakfast, Xavier took my hand and pulled me outside; he then took me to a secluded spot in the forest. In the middle of that spot I couldn't believe what I saw. It was a tire swing attached to a tree, it looked exactly like the one we had when we were kids before everything happened.

"Come here you!" Xavier said as he walked over to the tire swing. I quickly sat down and he pushed me on the swing. Then I noticed that he also brought my favorite game from when I was little; the game of life! I was so excited, and we started to play it.

"I wanted to bring back some of the happy childhood memories and I wanted to make it seem like the old times when everything was good. When we were good, and especially when we were close." Xavier said.

I looked up at him with tears in my eyes.

"Thank you," I whispered, "for this, for everything. I have really missed you Xavier."

He then pulled me into a hug.

"Come on, we better get back, before Ella and Evelyn have my head!" Xavier said. I just laughed.

We walked up to the house, and Ella and Evelyn ran out the door.

"COME ON WE'RE LATE!!!!" Ella yelled getting into her car.

"Late for what?" I asked.

"The mall! Where else?" Evelyn replied.

I was so surprised I didn't expect Evelyn to be the kind of girl who loved to shop but she apparently did. This is a good thing because I love to shop as well, so we got into the car and went to the mall and shopped for about two hours.

When we got back I remembered what Randal's note had said earlier.

"Hey Ella, um do you happen to have a note for me?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot! Now where did I put it?" Ella said.

"You gave it to me for safe keeping, remember?" Evelyn said.