CHAPTER NINE.

(Eric's Pov)

I paced around my office room, panting heavily as my eyes were locked on the broken lamp. God, how I couldn't explain all the different emotions present in my mind. Inside of me.

The gift from God had returned in my life, but with two little miracles of our own. Our creation. My heart thumped as I thought back to my two children. One little girl and one little boy; both beautifully created by God.

My stomach churned and I felt a bile grow in my throat. Five years. It took me five fucking years for me to meet them. And it was all because of one selfish person. I scoffed as I thought back to her words.

"Y-You don't understand why I left, Eric." 

I clenched my hands, sucking in my lips and grinding my teeth in anger.

"There's nothing to fucking understand." I growled, feeling my heart hurt. My head was thumping loudly with a headache and my heart seemed to be pulsing rapidly fast after the arrival of the three.

My knuckles were clenched into fist, all the anger and frustration from the situation, ready to be released. As if my mind loved messing with me, it began throwing flashes of her beautiful face. Her innocent, blue orbs, capturing my attention.

"Why, Lea? Why did you have to return?" I huffed out in frustration. At first, I wanted, I longed for her to return and maybe be sorry for leaving. But she may have said sorry, but I know she didn't regret her mistake.

She had excuses, 'reasons' of her own to as why she left me alone and that for five years. When she told me she left for her own sake, I couldn't quite comprehend how selfish she was. The only sense of sympathy I had for her, was when she brought up the mention of Janice and I's wedding.

She referred to me as the man she loved. I didn't know how to feel about that. It wasn't present tense, in fact, it was past. That meant...she no longer loved me? Or she didn't want to admit it?An odd feeling churned in my stomach, and I grew even more frustrated.

Women, they could be so confusing.

But that wasn't the point. The only thing that was important, was the fact she left five years ago and separated our children away from me. Just the thought of all the things I wasn't able to do for them, caused me to act out. 

I brought out a clenched hand and pounded it on the wall. The pain was present, as well as the strange relaxed feeling I got from doing so. I breathed heavily, leaning my upper body against as I calmed down. 

I felt my eyes sting with the unwelcoming tears which began to build. 

"Why, Lea? Why?" I choked to myself.

"Why did you have to leave?" I whispered, my heart feeling as if it was being pinched.

A knock sounded on the door and I closed my eyes. Another light knock was sounded before the twisting of the doorknob was heard. I clenched my jaw, awaiting for the person to speak so I could recognize the voice of who it belonged to.

"Son," The familiar voice called. I sighed, staying in the same spot.

"Eric." He repeated, now using my name.

"Not now, dad." I managed to get out through gritted teeth. I got no response for a while, before I felt a hand being placed on my shoulder. I tensed.

"What are you doing, boy?" He questioned in disbelief. He tried spinning my body around, but I wouldn't budge. I had tears on my face and eyes full of sadness. I couldn't face him like this.

"I said; not now, dad." I grumbled, repeating my words. Another moment of silence lingered in the air and I was almost sure I had succeeded and he was contemplating on whether to leave - but my father wouldn't give up so easily. Using his strength, he spun me around, making me face him.