Tw.

We pulled into the driveway of the large estate, and I knew that my father meant business. He only did this when he was going deeply undercover. I laughed, already knowing what was about to happen. We pulled inside of the garage, walking into the house.

" I love it! " my mother cooed, almost tearing up. My father kissed her forehead.

" Now look, Drew and Tia, tomorrow you guys are going job hunting. " he told them.

" What? " Tia complained.

" Come on, dad, why do we have to work? All of the money you make? " Drew added.

" Look, this is what's needed of our new life. I've also hired someone to teach you how to drive, so be expecting that as well. Go upstairs, it's been a long day. "

As I followed behind them, my father quickly stopped me. He nudged his head, signifying me to follow him. He led me to the back of the house, showing me the room that he had picked out for me.

" This is another reason why I chose this house. I know how you need your space to let your creative juices flow, so I took care of you. You have your own bathroom, closet for all those damn clothes and shoes, and a little room for your convenience. " he flicked the light on, revealing the small room.

" Thanks dad. What about school, did you find any good ones? " I was excited.

" All of them had a waiting list, and no matter how much money I tried to offer, they wouldn't budge. You'll have to settle for Typhoon Heights, which is a little ghetto, but I hear they're looking for a badass debater like you. " he told me.

" That'll work. " I smiled.

" Anything for my baby boy. " he hugged me, tightly. " I raised an intelligent faggot, but not a punk. "

" Really? " I smacked my lips, and he laughed.

" I love you, son, and we're very proud of you. " he smiled.

" Thank you. " he patted my shoulder before walking out of the room. I jumped into the king sized bed that didn't even take up half of the room. I looked to my left, admiring the large window that gave me the best view of the backyard. I grabbed my phone, dialing Bug's number and getting no answer. I tried that until I drifted off to sleep.

" And whose about to put up all these groceries? " I heard Tia complain. I looked at my clock, and it was six in the afternoon.

" That's why your ass is getting a job, you're lazy. Ya'll are too old to have somebody cleaning up after you. " my father argued. " Drew, Deon, let's go! "

I got up out of bed, opening the French doors and making my way towards the front of the house. I walked into the kitchen, grabbing the food and putting everything up.

" Dad, you didn't get my chips? " Drew asked him.

" Your mother and I asked ya'll for lists of what ya'll wanted, and nobody gave me anything but Tia. " he said as Tia teased Drew.

" Man, that's petty. " Drew complained.

" How? " my mother asked, closing the pantry door.

" It just is. " he balled the plastic bag up.

The doorbell rang, and everybody stopped to look at each other. My father went to go answer it, letting about five dudes inside. He had pointed to his office, which was directly past the kitchen. As they all walked by us, I locked eyes with one of them, and couldn't look away. I got lost in his green eyes, and you could tell that he was curious about who I was. He bit his lip, giving me a wink and a smile. I looked away as my father returned to the kitchen.

" What is all that, Nelson? " my mother pointed.

" Baby, money still needs to be made around here. I'm taking your advice, and I'm not putting my family in harms way any more. Doing business this way, the only way I'll be busted is if any one of them betray me. I'll make sure that doesn't happen. " he assured her. You could tell that she was unsure, but she was willing to trust him.

" Alright, but don't have them in my house, I don't trust them yet. Plus, I don't like the way that green-eyed giant was looking at Tia. " she rolled her eyes.

" Sike, he was not looking at me, he was looking at Deon. " Tia smiled.

" Why you lying? " I quickly replied.

" Exactly, you know Deon belongs to June Bug. " Drew added.

" Speaking of June Bug, his graduation? Baby, I'm so sorry. " my mother cooed.

" I'll take blame, I'm sorry, kid. "

" It's all good. " I brushed it off.

" He's still upset? " Tia asked.

" I guess, he's not answering my calls. "