0.1

-POV Opal-

"Dad, I'll be fine, I promise," I say as I put one of the final boxes in the back of my truck.

"Honey I know you will, I just want to make sure you're safe," my father said as he handed me one of my boxes and I placed it in the back of my truck.

"Have you forgotten that I've been in college for two years - going on three?" I ask turning to look at my father.

"No I haven't forgotten, is it wrong to feel worried about my own daughter?" He put his hands on my shoulders, "just promise me you'll be fine?"

"I'll be fine dad," I gave him a kiss on the cheek before picking up the last box and sliding it into my truck.

He gave a relieved nod, "I love you, Opal."

"I love you too dad, remember you can always call me," I turned and pulled myself into the driver's seat of the truck. My dad gave me a small wave goodbye and I honked the car horn and waved out the window in reply.

-0-

I pulled into the campus of Yellow Hills University and unrolled the windows.

I smelled the air, same smell as always, football player sweat and sunflowers.

I was glad to be back on campus, all around me were people unpacking their cars, couples kissing, and guys checking out the girls. I rolled my eyes and parked in front of my dorm building.

Before jumping out I pulled my long white hair back into a high ponytail and took the key out of the ignition. Gripping the steering wheel I took a deep breath,

Here we go again.

I jumped out of the truck and walked the three flights to my dorm. I didn't like the top floor much, but it's a place to live so I'll take it.

I wonder if my roommate is already there, her name is Zelda, which I love because that's one of my top favorite names.

I knocked on the door before unlocking and opening it. Upon opening the door I saw a tall skinny girl placing a large mosaic painting of eyes above the couch. It was kinda creepy.

The girl turned around, "Oh. My. God!" She exclaimed.

Her eyes were wide and fixed on my face, she walked up to me and placed both of her hands on my cheeks, "You're fucking beautiful."

"Thank you, your much more beautiful than me though," I said smiling at her. She had a really defined jaw line. Her eyes were a beautiful light brown they were almost yellow. And don't even get me started on her hair, it was a short black bob cut. It was sleek and shiny, beautiful really.

I complimented her hair and in return, she looked at mine, "Girly your hair is WHITE! You hear me?! It's white! It's beautiful, plus it's extremely long! I'd kill to have long hair like that? Wait! Is the color natural?!..." I let her trail on, nodding to things that were true. Eventually, she calmed down and said, "Oh my god, do you need help unloading?"

I laughed, "Sure, but first, your Zelda, right?"

"Where are my manners!" She said as she turned around, "Yes I am Zelda, and you must be Opal?"

I nodded and we slowly walked down the stairs, Zelda still talking. We hit the bottom of the stairs and as soon as she saw my car she made a light yelp, "This is your truck!? It's huge, you'd need a stepping stool to get into it!"

I chuckled, "My stuff is in the back, there shouldn't be too much that's too heavy," I said unlatching the back of my truck revealing the ten cardboard boxes. "The biggest one has my books in it, I'll carry it because it's the heaviest. The lightest ones have my clothing, there should be four of those. The other five are random school supplies and other things."

"I'm on it!" She said pulling the first box to the lip of the truck, "you're a very organized person I'm guessing," she said reading the label on the box, "miscellaneous."

I gave her a soft smile, "Yeah, I really hope you don't mind. I'll probably be cleaning the dorm more often than not."

"Totally cool with me, I tend to be a bit messy if you don't mind that," she picked up the box and started walking. With her long legs, it was hard for me to keep up with her while carrying the box of books. Once we got up into the dorm, I followed her into the biggest room of the dorm where she put the box down.

"Um, Zelda?"

"Yeah?" She said Turing around to face me.

"This is the bigger room, why are you giving it to me?"

"I don't have nearly as much stuff as you, plus this room has built in bookshelves," she motioned with her hands to the wall behind me. Sure enough, it was a two giant built in bookshelves.

"Thank you, but you 're-" she stopped me.

"Shush, it's the least I can do for having the best roommate ever!" She turned around and walked straight out the door and down to my truck, I followed close behind.

I really like this girl, she walked with pep in her step and was always smiling. I really want to know more about her.

We eventually got all my boxes upstairs and into my room, she even helped me organize my books in order by author. I insisted on helping her unpack but once she opened the door to her room I was flabbergasted. She was already fully unpacked, the walls were covered in drawings, amazing drawings. "I major in art if you can't tell," she tells me as she drops herself down onto her bed. The blanket covering the mattress was a beautiful geometric yellow and gray pattern. This girl just flat out amazes me.

"With me here Girly, we are gonna have the time of our lives living together," she smiled at me.

I nodded in agreement, "I can tell already," I smiled back at her.