41

-Your Office-

The next day, your eyes were swollen really bad. The pain in your heart still remained after the last night incident. However, no matter what happened, you still went to work.

Though you felt so weak and stressed, you tried your best to do your work because no one would do that for you.

But then out of the blue, Jungkook stormed into your office, while breathing heavily. Your eyes were glued on the laptop screen, obviously ignoring him.

"Taehee-yah.." he approached your desk while still trying to catch his breath.

"What happened to you last night?" He softly asked and in the same time being careful with his words as he feared that he might hurt you without him realizing it.

He waited for you to look up to him but you continued doing your own matter, offering him no response.

"Yah. Talk to me." He lost his patience and suddenly grabbed your hand to stop you from typing on the keyboard. His grip was too strong that it made you flinched in pain.

"It hurts!" You yelled and quickly escaped from his grip.

"Mian (sorry).. I didn't mean to." Jungkook apologized, knowing that he'd lost control on himself again.

The room fell into a dead silence until someone knocked on the door. A staff then came in to inform you something. Something that seemed very important.

"Mr. Song wants to see you two in his office. Now."

~~~
-Your dad's office-

Both of you stood next to each other in silent. You could feel the tense that came from your dad's expression.

"What is this, Jungkook-ah? This is you, right?" Your dad turned the laptop to you.

Both turned speechless after looking at what was shown on the screen. It was a selca of Jungkook and Areum, along with the date when the picture was taken. Not only that, there were a lot of pictures too and most of them were taken when you two went to Jeju for a honeymoon. In most of the pictures, they looked as if they were a married couple.

Jungkook stood there with his eyes widened, mind blanked. He couldn't really think properly at that time and automatically, his lips were zipped from uttering any words.

"What were you doing all this time?!" Your dad slammed his fist to the desk, startling the two of you. He'd never gone mad in front of you and when he did, he was indeed scary.

"I trusted you 200% and yet, you dared to have a relationship with another woman?" He scoffed.

"I'm really disappointed in you." He mumbled.

The one that he trusted the most, the one that he treated like his own son, betrayed him by having an illegal relationship with another woman which led to his daughter's pain.

"Appa," you called him with a weak voice as his eyes slowly trailed to yours, waiting for you to continue.

"I want a divorce."

Jungkook immediately turned his head to you, shocked and in the same time wondered if he heard it wrong.

As a response, your dad slightly nodded his head. After that, you rushed out from the room, followed by Jungkook. Before you could go farther, he quickly stopped you.

"Why are you doing this?" He asked, eyes dropped.

At first, you didn't answer him but of course, he wouldn't give up until he get an answer from you.

"Why do you want a divorce all of a sudden?" He softened.

"Isn't that what you wanted right on the first place?"

"But that was-"

"You promised not to meet her anymore and yet, you went to her apartment secretly, telling me stupid lies. What am I to you actually?!" You yelled, eyes began to water.

Jungkook was speechless at first. He didn't have any idea that you knew about that matter.

"Is it too late now to say sorry...?" He furrowed his eyebrows in a pitiful way, asking for forgiveness.

"Think about my feelings Jeon Jungkook. Think about what have you done, and what have I gone through since we got married until now."

"But-"

"Just stop. I know we are not meant to be." Your lips trembled, trying hard to hold in your tears from coming out.

Your mind chose those words for you to say, but not your heart.

You yanked his arm roughly, leaving him dumbfounded there as you headed back to your office.