Chapter 38~I Ran

(Hermione)

Never in my life have I heard something so absurd. Well  I do not remember my life but I am sure this is just wrong. Me a wizard? Please that's absurd.

"Very funny. Now really stop joking." I began.

"We are not joking Hermione." Pansy said softly. "You really are."

"And your the brightest witch of our age too." Blaise piped in.

"What?" I said surprised.

"We all attended Hogwarts together." Ginny said with a smile.

"Hogwarts, what in the world is that?" I asked.

"Its a school silly." Pansy laughed.

"You also knew the most about it, lord knows your face was always in a bloody book." Blaise said with a smile.

"So, were we all friends back then too?" I asked.

All of them went sheet white.

"Not exactly." Ginny began.

"But everyone seems so close now?" I persisted.

"Things were different, and things are different now." Pansy said softly.

"How?"

"Hermione, you are property of Draco." Ginny said slowly.

"What?" I said astonished. "But, that is illegal."

"No, not anymore that is." Blaise said sadly.

"Why? How?"

"There is a man named Voldemort," Draco said finally after his long silence, "he despises people from 'dirty' bloodlines. You Hermione are one of these people."

"I am?"

"Your parents are muggles, or non-magic people." Ginny explained.

"Where are they?" I asked.

"Australia." Ginny said quietly.

"Australia?"

"You obliviated their memories, in fear they would be used by the death eaters against you."

"Death eaters?"

"Blaise, Drake. Show her." Pansy said quietly.

I watched the two boys pull their sleeves up so show a odd mark. A figure eight with a snake warping its self around a skull.

"People with this mark, that's not us Hermione. Do not trust them." Blaise said with worry and caution in his voice.

"Why?"

"Because they will hurt you, the only reason your safe right now is because you belong to Draco." Pansy explained.

"Why do I belong to him?" I asked annoyed.

"Because a friend of yours asked me to take care of you if he was to fail and the Dark lord won." Draco muttered.

"So.. He is not going to hurt me?" I said reluctantly.

"No. I would never." He spoke up before anyone else had the chance. His eyes held a sincerity, that I never had seen before. He seemed so determined to make me believe him. Part of me wanted to.

"Okay." Was all I could say. I then turned to the red haired girl, Ginny. Yes thats her name. "Ginny, can you tell me about my past?"

"Of course. We have a lot to talk about but I may not be the best to tell you. Ron or--" She trailed off.

"Ron?" I asked, attempting to defuse the heartbreak written on her face. "Who is that?"

Her eyes seemed to glow a bit, yet not in a angry way. More of a calm, very sorrowful look. Who was this other person who she seems to attached to?

"Ron," She began, "He is my older brother. You two were very close, he actually kissed you durning the battle. At first he didn't like you at all but now we know unless you were there he and Harry probably wouldn't have made it as far as you all did." She paused as she said this other name.

Harry. She seems rather depressed as she spoke of him.

"Ahem." Someone cleared their throat. Ginny and I turned to see it was Draco who sat there with a odd mix of anger and sadness spread across his features.

"Yes?" I answered.

"Ginny, I think that's enough for now. I will be calling someone form saint Mungos to look at her soon." He said obviously not liking the fact I am learning about my past.

"But I want to know more." I protested.

"Then I will tell you," He said firmly. "But this is all of the discussion for today."

"But.."

"Please go back to our room Hermione. I will be up In a moment. All your favorite books are there." He said emphasizing the favorite books.

It was clear I would have no say in the matter. So I did what any rational woman would do...

I ran.