Chapter 12

Yawing I stretched my body, my back cracking as I did. My body gravitated toward the warm source that I was cuddling into earlier. I opened one of my eyes and saw black fur in my face. Nuzzling my face deep into the soft fur, I sighed in content.

This was the best sleep I ever had. All thanks to a certain furball.

My body was tired but my mind was awake. I kept thinking about Grumpy and what I'm gonna do with him. I have to buy some extra food for now on.

I groaned when I needed money to get the food and to get money I need to go work.

Pulling my face from the passed out wolf, I glanced at my clock.

6:45 AM

Grimacing at the numbers. I had to be at work soon. Huffing as I pulled the blankets off my body being careful of the sleeping wolf next to me.

My body shivered when the freezing floor made contact with my bare feet. Slipping out of my clothes and into my work one's and heading to the bathroom to do my daily morning routine.

Once back in my room I saw grumpy awake. "Hey, I'm going to work. I'll be back okay?" Knowing I wouldn't be getting a reply, I kissed his muzzle before going downstairs and out the door.

I really didn't want to leave him but I have to, now more than ever now that he's staying with me.The ride to the diner was silent. I kept feeling empty and I didn't know why.

-

The bell rang notifying that a new costumer came in. Quickly finishing putting the plates of food down at a table. Grabbing my note pad from my aprons pouch and heading to the front.

My eyes widened when I caught sight of a muscled back with a tight shirt covering it.

Oh my...

I stood there like a gaping fish when the hot back turned around.

Deep green eyes stared into my gray one's. A long scar running over his left eye, dark brown hair almost black swept over his eyes. If you look close enough you can see that he had tiny curls. Red lips set in a frown, jawline sharp. My eyes trailed down past his broad shoulders and biceps that were ready to burst from his tight shirt and, to his hips...let's just say he was yummy.

"Uh...table for one?" I squeaked.

Oh boy...