s e v e n t e e n

I FROZE AT HIS SUDDEN WORDS.

"How do you plan on doing that?" Liam managed. "No human or Wolf can do that. Only Luna has the power to create and break bonds between soulmates."

If only Luna could do it, did that mean... No, it couldn't be.

"By summoning Luna," he answered, my worst fear becoming reality.

"That's impossible," Liam didn't sound sure; not anymore. "You can't do that."

"I beg to differ," he smiled. "To summon Luna, you need blood from a Grayson Wolf... I have more than enough of that, don't I?"

"How do you summon Luna?" I asked Liam. "Why does he need blood?"

"It's not easy. He needs to have enough will-power. And in order for her to arrive... He needs to make a worthy promise to her."

"But what will he promise?"

"I have no idea, Lyn," he answered. "I honestly have no idea."

I tried to think of it. West seemed confident that he could summon her, which meant he had a promise that Luna would accept. What could West promise to Luna?

He quickly grasped the knife and slit his wrist, letting blood flow from his wound, seeping onto the stone floor. Another cut was made on his forearm, blood glistening on his arm.

"Angel Luna, come forth," he chanted. With those words, he made the third cut on his body, close to his shoulder. "Angel Luna, come forth."

The moment the blood from his third cut fell to the floor, his blood began to morph into shapes, forming words. I stared at them, the text distorting in my mind.

"Angel Luna, come forth," West's face contorted with agony, as he gritted out his words, once more. Even seeing someone I hated so much in pain, was too difficult.

"What's et promissione tua?" I asked Liam, finally making sense of the words formed by his blood.

"It's in Latin," he explained out loud. "Make thy promise... He will be making his promise."

"Luna, I give you my word," West started, grimacing in pain. "I promise to eradicate the world of the unnatural Brown Wolves." He cried out, grasping at his blood soaked arm. "Please appear before me and grant me with my wish!"

A gasp fell from my lips before I could stop it. West was prepared to kill all Brown Wolves? Bryan had become a Werewolf, having faith that West would protect him like a sibling. If he was prepared to break that trust for summoning Luna, who knew what he would destruct in order to gain power.

"I will eradicate the world of the monstrous Brown Wolves!" he repeated.

That wasn't what made his promise so upsetting, though. It was the fact that Bryanna loved such a sadistic psychopath who was prepared to murder her for his gain. My chest tightened painfully for her.

"Luna, I promise I will-"

"I'm afraid, I cannot allow you to do that, West Grayson."

I didn't know where the voice came from. I couldn't see anything, for mist had spread throughout the room, limiting my eyesight. All I could sense was familiarity... The voice was familiar to me.

"Luna, you have answered my call," West breathed, glancing in different directions, unsure where to look. "I am eternally grateful. Luna, grant me with my wish."

"Do you truly believe that I responded to your summoning; your disgraceful promise to me?" the voice demanded. "I arrived to ensure that you break your promise."

The mist cleared and a woman stood before me, her back facing me. Her body was straight and her pure white dress dragged on the floor, as she walked towards West. Midnight black hair flowed in waves, past her waist.

"But Brown Wolves are monsters who threaten human existence," West muttered. "Why wouldn't you want them to die out?"

"Most Brown Wolves do not choose to become monsters," Angel Luna stated. "But you, West Grayson; you chose to become the monster you are. You chose to become a monster and destruct the beauty of the Grayson name."

West started to tremble as he sunk to his knees, his body soaked in a pool of his own blood.

Luna turned around to face me, making me take a sharp intake of breath. Seeing her properly, I realised why she sounded so familiar.

There were a few differences here and there: the length of her hair; the paler complexion of her skin; the metallic shimmer in her silver irises... Other than that, there was no doubt about it.

Angel Luna looked exactly like me.