26: Awkward Situations.

"If you weren't my stepsister I wouldn't have left" Tyler said as I wheeled into my special parking spot, where Eric always parks at my left and Nathan at my right. Ever since that day Nathan bashed my car, the parking arrangement has always been like this, never been altered. Except sometimes when Chelsea brought her car to school, she parks it beside Eric.

But anyways, I heard Tyler say something.

"If you weren't my stepsister, I wouldn't have left" it sort of registered in my head and I was forced to act.

"Wait! What?" I stopped the car immediately.

"Do you like my mum?"

I gave Tyler a puzzled look, wondering where he was getting at, but I answered anyways because he had a serious look on his face.

"Yea I like her, she can be annoying but she's really sweet" I told him.

Tyler chuckled a bit, then he looked at me. His expression was saying so many things that his lips were scared to voice out. They were a lot of things hiding behind that chuckle and supposed permanent smirk.

"Why do you ask?" I asked hoping he would say something and stop looking at me the way he did.

"It's nothing, just forget it" he said in a low tone, his expression changing "And thanks for the ride baby sister, I hope I get one back home" he reached to pat my head and I pushed his hands away before he could do that.

"I'm not your baby sister, you're just five months older than I am" I scolded him.

"I'm still older" he gave a tight lipped smile before he proceeded to get down from the car but I stopped him.

"What did you mean by that? I mean what you said earlier about leaving"

"Forget about it, as you said it doesn't matter anymore" he smiled again before successfully getting down from the car.

It doesn't matter but that didn't mean I wouldn't stop thinking and pondering over what he just said. What did he mean by that? If I wasn't his stepsister then he wouldn't have left. That means he knew about it before, part of me wanted to run up to him and ask him to explain every to me but the other stronger part thought it didn't matter anymore after all I was the same person who didn't want to hear it, so there was no point now. We just had a reasonable conversation a while ago and I wanted it to remain that way, not screaming, yelling and snapping at each other.

I picked up school bag from the back seat and I got down from the car, the moment I got down from the car I saw Eric's car drive in the space beside me and I froze, with our chat replaying a million times in my head. I didn't want to see his face looking all smug and demanding me to say those dreaded words.

I was about running away when Eric suddenly called my name. I didn't know if to stop or continue walking or just pretend like nothing happened yesterday.
But thats the thing, I can't pretend like nothing happened around Eric, he always has a way of reminding me and being so smug about everything.
I was going to run away but I ended up stopping because he was right behind me, almost holding my arm.

"Why was that guy coming out of your car? Seriously who is he to you?"

Ooh! Is someone jealous??

"Nobody really?" I said still facing the other side, not wanting to look at him.

"What's up with you? You're acting weird" Eric said attempting to walk to my front but I stopped him immediately.

"Don't come any closer" I walked forward a bit, I opened my bag fishing out some sunglasses from my bag. "I still have a reaction"