[1] The Problem

You know those days where you wake up and you just think to yourself "Today is going to be a bad day." Yep, those days. I was having one of them today.

As soon as I woke up, I knew something was very wrong. I felt sore, as if I ran a 10 kilometre race the previous day. My legs were also curled up and felt stiff. There was also something tickling my face, as if something laid a furry rag over my face. When I opened my eyes, I might've freaked out a little...

Well actually, I freaked out to the Max. I jumped up and screamed - at least I try to screamed. Much to my horror, I was lying in a dirty alley way definitely NOT in a human body. I had- I HAD PAWS. WHAT THE HELL MAN. WHAT THE HECK IS THIS? FUR? I could obviously see that I had 4 paws, fur and a smaller body- but what the fuck was I? I'm pretty damn sure I wasn't an animal last night. I wasn't doing drugs; I wasn't in hospital doped up on medication nor was I dreaming...

IT WAS LOKI!

Yes. Loki Laufeyson. The guy from the Marvel comics... eh forget it, I thought it was funny. ANYWAYS BACK TO THE FACT THAT I WAS A HUMAN TRAPPED IN A TINY FURRY BODY... In the foreign body, I slowly stood up with my heart still beating at the speed of a humming bird, and I tried to look at myself as much as I could. Dark grey fur, a tail, small paws and... whiskers? I think. I must be a Cat! Well, I hoped I was a cat. I really hoped I wasn't some weird type of animal that will end up being thrown into a zoo and kept there forever. That would be bloody horrible. Walking around a bit, I tried to get use to walking around on four feet. Let me tell you something, mastering this was no easy thing to do.

Previously, I was a normal short, dark-haired girl with hazel eyes that have been called "majestic" or "beautiful". I lived in Sydney, Australia with my parents and older brothers. I was in love with Comics and most-importantly Marvel. I hate cats and love Dogs. I was in the middle of getting through my last year of university, studying psychology and I was not happy with this change. I was already sick of this body. I was small, weak and I obviously didn't know how to be a cat.

I peeked my head around the corner of the building, trying to see if I knew any of the surroundings, but unfortunately I didn't. I didn't see anyone coming down the street, so I carefully strutted out of hiding and walked along the side walk. I was very small, only coming eye to eye with the middle of a tire on a car. Slowly, the streets started to become more filled, people were starting to walk passed me, some even looking down and making eye contact with me. It was awkward, trying to avoid being stepped on whilst walking at the same time. I kinda feel sorry for cats now, but I still hate them... wait. I can't hate cats. I AM A CAT. I DON'T HATE MYSELF, I'M AMAZING!

Too egotistical? No? Maybe. I turned another corner but automatically stepped back, almost running into a glass door that just opened. I look up to glare at the woman but widen my eyes when I see her reaching down to pick me up.

"Aw you poor thing. Are you lost little kitty? Don't worry, I'll make sure you get a family." She coo's, making me kinda pull back in her arms awkwardly. She opens the door again and I wince when I see the writing.

Holy mother of Jesus cheese balls.

Karma sucks balls. I JUST happened to run into a woman working in a Pet Shop. One that says "New York's Finest Animals" on the front of it. She brings me into the back and places me on a medical table. I didn't move- mostly because I was still trying to work out how to move without falling onto my face. It really was harder than you think. She brings over a bag and opens it. So I was in New York? Interesting. Maybe if I can escape from here, I can go sight see- HOLY MOTHER OF GOD SHE PUT SOMETHING UP MY ASS. Surprisingly, I opened my mouth and hissed at her, pulling away as she laughed it off.

"Silly Kitty, I'm just checking your temperature. It'll be over soon."

Oh my lord. It feels like I have a stick shoved up my ass, not a thermometer. Honestly if I could blush then I would be definitely doing it at this moment. Can cats blush? Anyone got a mirror? This is NOT how I wanted my Saturday morning to go. I'M NOT INTO THIS KINK LADY. After about 10 billion years, she finally pulls it out and I twist around, showing of my new teeth to her but she ignores me. People like this are the reasons why aliens don't visit us.

"Oh that's good. Normal temperature. Your coat is perfect..." She starts digging through my fur and I have to keep myself from digging MY CLAWS INTO HER EYEBALLS! "No fleas or bugs. You're in perfect health." she picks me up and turns me so I'm laying belly up in her arms. huh. This was surprisingly uncomfortable. I can see why cats didn't like it. "Oh and you're a girl Kitty! No surgical scars so it seems that you're not de-sexed..." SHE WAS LOOKING AT MY HOO HA? WHAT A CREEP. I am officially over this. I'm getting out of here. I try to bolt off her arms, but she catches me. "Oh no you don't. You have to stay here so you're safe." The hell I don't. Fuck you lady.

She brings me over to an empty cage and places me in it, locking it before I make my escape. "Don't worry kitty! Most animals find a new home within days of coming here! You'll have a home soon." she coo's once more, before moving to the front of the store and tidying up stuff. I sigh- as much as a cat can sigh- and look around. I was in here alone (thankfully) and there were two bowls by the front. I could hear and smell other animals in here but I couldn't see any. I went over by the water bowl and- HOLY CRAP I HAVE YELLOW EYES. Like - they were freaking Twilight Cullen yellow. Freaky yet oddly satisfying. There was a cushion at the back of the cage, so I went and laid down on it. Pretty comfy but not the best.

I don't know what the hell is going on here, and I didn't know whether it was a good thing or a bad thing.

Probably bad. I mean 10 minutes in, and I was already anally prodded. 

--------------

I literally have no regrets in making this. Sue me. 

Quick story. 15 chapters or so. 

UPDATE: Doing an update 6 years later because someone took offence of a word I used. I apologise if anyone thought I was making a joke of a sensitive subject but I genuinely wasn't. I was 14/15 when I wrote this and that era on Wattpad wasn't as big on representation of societal issues meaning I didn't think anything of it.

Saying that, I don't deserve being called "disgusting" or other names and for actual readers to be attacked in the comment section when they defend me or I defend myself. If you have a problem with a word I use, DM me and leave, please don't attack people as you become part of the problem.

Again, I do sincerely apologise and I hope I can do better in the future.