3: Purple

Gerard had multiple people come up to him, mostly girls, hitting on him, which confused him immensely and he even started to think it was a joke that everyone was playing on him and he was sort of mad about it but it was better than being beaten up by a bunch of jocks.

But there was someone else who was angry about this, way angrier than Gerard, and that was Frank Iero.

It wasn't the fact that he saw girls and even a few boys fling themselves at Gerard, it was the fact that his own girlfriend was flirting with Gerard too.

He saw her walked up to him with a few other girls, twirling her hair, he even noticed her skirt was pulled up a little higher, she had all the signs and he knew that because she did that same when she flirted with him a few years ago when they first got together.

Frank bundled up his fists and decided on his plan of action beforemaking his way towards the small group of people crowding around Gerard who was pressed up against the lockers, seemingly trapped.

Frank realised that Gerard was trying to get away from everyone more than anything else, he looked uncomfortable with his back against the lockers and barely any space in front of him.

He wasn't as mad anymore and decided to save the boy who was trapped by grabbing people and flinging them out of the way, a few girls gasping and angrily slapping him for being 'rude' and 'harrasing' them when they were doing almost the same to Gerard so he ignored them.

Eventually he got to Gerard, ignoring the pout he got from his girlfriend, and helped Gerard away from everyone else who cleared off except some random kid with glasses and Frank's girlfriend, Jamia.

"Are you alright?" Frank asked and Gerard nodded quietly. Frank felt some familiarity as he looked at Gerard, like he knew him or had seen him before. Gerard gelt uncomfortable under Frank's stare and looked down awkwardly to avoid Frank's gaze, his red mop of hair hanging over his face.

Frank felt himself stumble backward, his eyebrow lifting as he realised Jamia had pushed him out of the way, and she went to hug Gerard who visibly tensed up under her hold but was too nervous to stop her.

"Jamia, let go of him," Frank demanded and she shook her head, holding him tighter if anything.

"I don't wanna," she whined. "I want Gerard to be my boyfriend now!" She smiled and Gerard's head shot up as his eyes widened at her and he shook his head so fast he thought he'd get whiplash. She ignored that though and smiled, pressing her lips to Gerard's, who didn't kiss back and Frank was pissed again.

Soon Jamia was pulled of Gerard and Gerard looked up only to be greeted with a fist against his face and he felt a searing rush of pain on his eye as he held his face.

"Holy shit, Gerard!" The kid yelled, running to Gerard and looking at Gerard's eye, glaring back at Frank. "What the fuck was that for?"

"For kissing my girlfriend," Frank stated, anger still bubbling up in his chest but now he felt bad for Gerard too, almost regretting his decision to punch him. "Who are you anyway?"

"I'm his brother, Mikey, now fuck off," Mikey said, dragging his older brother to the nurse and Frank just walked away, tugging his girlfriend along with him, yelling at her for kissing another guy.

Eventually the two just made up and it was like nothing ever even happened and he tried to forget about Gerard and how he felt bad for punching him. He told himself that he deserved it and that Jamia was just confused or something.

-

"Stop complaining," Mikey mittered to Gerard who was letting out noises of pain as they sat in the nurses office. Gerard was holding an ice pack on his face that a nurse had given him, trying to help with the pain from the black eye Frank had given him.

He didn't blame Frank though, but it's not like it was his fault any of this happened, it was Jamia's, but honestly, Gerard was far too scared of Jamia to actually blame her for anything.

"But it hurts," Gerard whined and Mikey rolled his eyes at him.

His eye was surely a different colour by now, so he removed the ice pack from his face for a moment and just like he thought, when he stared into a small mirror that was hung up on the wall, he saw his eye was a darker purple sort of colour, a horrid sort of yellow around it aswell.

He looked like a gross mess, staring at himself. He had bags under his eyes, he lokked tired. Maybe it wasn't a good idea that he stayed up late the night before his first day.

His hair distracted people from his exhausted expression thatfully but his hair couldn't distract people from a bruise like that. He hoped Frank would feel bad if he saw it, but at the same time, he didn't want anyone to see it.

"Want me to kiss it better?" Mikey mocked and Gerard muttered something under his breath along the lines of 'like you kiss Pete' which Mikey didn't hear, thankfully. Gerard knew about Mikey's obsession with Pete, and over the past two years, it hadn't changed even with the distance put between them.

Soon the nurse came back, confirming they could leave, she was confused as to why Gerard had to have his brother stay with him, but really, Gerard would get bored on his own.

The boys walked out of the nurses office, Mikey ready to go back to class when Gerard cleared his throat awkwardly to get his brother's attention who immediately turned around, raising an eyebrow.

"No," Mikey said before Gerard could say anything, like he knew what Gerard was going to say, which he probably did, he knew Gerard better than anyone else, and vice versa.

"I didn't say anything-" Gerard whined.

"The answer is no, Gerard." Mikey crossed his arms in effort to look more intimidating which didn't work at all but Gerard wouldn't say anything.

"But-"

"We are not skipping the rest of the day, it's only our first day back we are not leaving, you need to grow up and just go to class, no one's going to care if you have a bruise on your eye, okay? You're fine, you need to be more responsible and stop skipping out on classes," Mikey said and Gerard looked up at him, pouting, his eyes going wide and Mikey just rolled his eyes. "Fine."

-

It's late but I hope you liked it!!! xx