Chapter 4

Edited..... (Valentina's outfit

"Male rouges are trespassing our borders as we speak

"Male rouges are trespassing our borders as we speak." I  heard my second  in commands voice speak. I looked at Charlie's face and sighed. 

"Too bad i have no means of speaking to anyone today, lock them up" i said in a swift robotic voice.

He nodded and walked out of my office but not before winking and saying 'yes alpha'. I rolled my eye's at his retiring back. He knew he was the only person i would let talk with me like that. 

Things here have changed, now that i am in charge no one dares to disobey me.

 I looked back at the paper's in my hand's when i came across one particular detail. 

Amber Jackson. Aged twenty-seven  ended her life after her mate died. I put the papers back on my desk and took a deep breath. Stupidity such as this always angered me. I did  not understand  how could people take their life because of their mates.

They should be able to pick themselves up and focus on their duties, not on suicide. I mean that is plain idiotic. Why would they even think about that?. I understand your mate is supposed to be your other half, a part of you that you never knew existed. Mate's are supposed to complete you, and be the love of your love's and all  but I did not believe in such things.

And this is another reason why i don't look forward into  having a mate. Mate is  your weakness and i can't have a weakness. 

I know you think that the Legend says that only my mate will save me, but i don't believe in it. I don't believe in being saved.  In the past year i got used to the fact that i won't be saved. I had only two years to find a mate, and make him love me, but how can someone love something like me?.

Beside's I do  not need being loved by anyone, I do not need love, because I do not believe in it. Why would i need love? I am the Cursed Alpha for God's sake! 

Love. even the foolish  word seems funny to me. There is no love, no understanding,  no care, not even pity. Moon Goddess didn't even pity me, she just snatched away anything i have had.

She snatched away the place I once called home, the people that were my family. She snatched away my future.

In the past two years I have grown to become an Alpha. I no longer believe in being saved nor  finding the 'love' of my life.

Being an Alpha means putting the pack first, and being a leader full time to hundreds of people. I have 379 pack members.  I make my job too know every single one of their names, i make my duty to be there for every funeral and birth. I put the file's back and walked toward's my room.

"What's up? " Sasha jumped in front of me making me groan in annoyance.

"What you thinking about?"