Chapter 17

Everlys POV
I feel someone lightly shake me. I open my eyes, instantly feeling a pain in my neck from my sleep position on the couch. Looking up I see my Father, looking very awkward "um..." He trails off as I sit up

He's already dressed in a blue collared shirt and khakis, his dark hair is combed over, eyes looking around "Clara asked me to look at your back, Fay called this morning and wanted to make sure you were healing ok" he says and I nod, still trying to wake up

"Oh...alright" I nod and stand

I pull up my shirt a little exposing my lower back and I feel him pull back the gauze a little. I wince seeing that it still hurts "it looks better than yesterday, it seems to only be a first or second degree burn by now" he says and I nod, not really knowing what to say

"Ok, thank you" I say and pull down my shirt

"She brought over more gauze and cream if you need it" he says and picks it up form the coffee table, handing it to me "I've got to go to work..." He looks me up and down "will you be alright?" He asks shifting on his feet

My eyebrows lift and eyes widen hearing him "yes... I'll be fine" he nods

"They're coming to clean up your room, they are going to rip it all out and redo the walls and floor...we'll have to buy more furniture" he says and I'm almost positive this is the most my Father has ever spoken to me

"Alright, sounds good" I smile with closed lips and he nods and walks out

I'm left in a quiet house, to keep my mind off of things I redo my gauze. When I look in the mirror I found that my dad was right, it did heal quit a bit. My mom texted me and told me the contractors should be here around eleven and it's ten thirty. I know I can't stay here, I've literally looked out the window a million times trying to catch a glimpse of Victoria or Maddox. What could they be doing? What did they do last night? I know how she can be...did he fall into her trap? He asked her to stay. What about Peter and Lena? Would they do anything about it?

I sigh and shake my head forcing my tears to stay in my eyes "stop it Everly" I scorn myself and walk away from the window.

I throw my hair up and look down at my T-shirt and shorts...not like I can go and change. Maybe I can go to the mall and buy a few things, I have some money saved in the bank and I really don't want to ask my parents for money.

I go upstairs and make myself look half presentable. I keep my hair up, some of the strands falling into my face but I don't have the need to fix it. I apply concealer under my eyes, the darkness not appealing but it was hard to sleep last night. My skin is pale, paler than usual, almost sickly. My eyes look a dull grey but I stop my examination and head out.

I get out and into the garage to realize something, how the hell am I going to get anywhere. Usually I would ask Scar or Logan to come with me and drive but that's obviously not going to happen. I look at Victoria's red mustang in the drive way and bite my lip, debating.

You know what? Screw it. She doesn't need it, she's busy with- I shake my head. I grab the keys from the counter and swerve out of the driveway, forcing myself not to stress about any of the horrible shit going on.

I stop at the bank and get two hundred dollars of hard earned money out and head to a furniture thrift store. I found a vintage and cheap night stand and matching dresser. It's painted cream and chipped around the corners. Small and delicate vines are painted on it as well, growing up the side, it's pretty enough and cost $90. I also find a lamp for $7. I called my Father and asked him to pick it up before he comes home, seeing as Victoria's car won't hold it but his truck will. He says a simple yes and that my Mother had already found a bed frame, comforter, and mattress for me and it should be here in two days, I just hope everything matches.