034

Thirty-Four | When Things Don't Go To Plan

I grumbled as I opened my tired eyes, they were heavy from crying the night before. I quickly noticed that I wasn't in my own bedroom. I quickly sat up in fright, scanning around, not familar with my surroundings at all.

"Hey. You're all right." Kol's voice said behind me.

I felt him press his hand comfortingly against my back. He was sitting beside me. I turned to him, confused. He gave me a small, warm smile, "Welcome to my room."

"How did I get here?" I asked, sitting close beside him.

"Last night I heard Stefan coming into your room. You were asleep and it'd been a long day, I didn't want him to bother you." Kol said, "I also didn't want to leave you alone, so I brought you here."

I smiled at him, "Thank you."

"You don't have to keep thanking me, darling." He said, gently stroking my cheek with his fingers.

"I do." I responded with another grateful smile. I scanned around his room, "I expected a more decorated room, maybe some Spice Girl posters."

"I was more of a folk music kinda guy." Kol joked with a smirk.

I laughed, "Of course."

I could hear voices downstairs. I listened in, while I watched Kol grab a shirt from the chair beside the bed and put it on.

"Alaric Saltzman just tried to kill me." I heard Rebekah say. I furrowed my brows, confused. Alaric was dead, wasn't he?

"Alaric Saltzman is supposed to be dead." Klaus replied.

"Well, he's not and he's a vampire thanks to mothers spell, with a white oak stake that can't kill him. He's strong, Nik. Too strong." Rebekah told him.

My head shot up looking at Kol, "What?"

"Where is he now?" Klaus asked his sister.

"He's stuck at the school without a daylight ring, but as soon as night falls he'll come after us. We need to leave now." Rebekah warned.

I shot out of bed and headed towards the door. Kol vamp ran infront of me, "Where are you going?"

"Didn't you hear them? I have to see this for myself." I replied.

Kol shook his head, "No. I will not let you put yourself in danger."

"But it's Alaric, Kol." I frowned.

"Did you forget the time he tried to kill you?" Kol questioned, "Rebekah said he's too strong and if she can't take him, you're much younger, you can't."

"My heart is protected, remember?" I stated.

"You could still get hurt." He frowned, "There is always a way around spells and Alaric is going to be stronger than you. I'm not letting you see him."

"Fine." I sighed, giving in, "But I'm going to see Elena."

"Fine. I'll drive." Kol opened the door. Already wearing the same clothes as yesterday, I grabbed my shoes from the edge of the bed and headed out the door.