Adoption?

Shadow wasn't sure about adopting but then again he was tired of being alone. He had been alone for so long now it even bothered him. Shadow decided that he may go through with it after all because he wouldn't be alone any more. He was waiting when he heard his name get called. He was sent into the back with one of the workers. "Hello, this is the kids room. You can find kids from eight to fourteen in here." The worker told him. He looked for a bit but decided he didn't really like any of these kids. So she took him to next room which had kids consisting of kids four to seven. Again shadow didn't like them so he went to the baby room which consisted of babies one to three years old. He still didn't like it so she brought him to the next room which had babies just two weeks old to six months old.

He didn't really like any of them until he came across a hedgehog cub with blue fur and emerald green eyes. "How old is he?" Shadow asked the worker. "He is two months old." Shadow nodded. "May I hold him?" Shadow asked the worker. The worker nodded. Shadow picked up the cub and cradled him. The cub then made some noises and tried to talk. "Aba? Baba? Foo?" The cub said. He began to play with fur on shadow's chest. "I think he likes you shadow." Shadow smiled a little bit. "Aba ba ba baba!" He said as he began to laugh. "Perhaps you would like to take him?" Shadow nodded. "Alright but first let's cut to the chase, his name is sonic, he likes to play, he likes to snuggle, he has no allergies we know of, he is usually happy, he likes other children, he also likes to be outside, he likes lots of attention, he also usually sleeps well at night." Shadow nodded. He looked down at the cub who was sleeping peacefully with a smile on his face.

Shadow took sonic out to the main room. Shadow could tell that other people there were jealous that he had sonic. Sonic was just so young and happy it was hard not to want him. Just then a woman walks up to shadow. "Excuse me but that child belongs with me... So if you'd just hand him over that would be lovely."
"No! I found him in the baby room, I'm signing the adoption forms and then I'm taking him with me."
The woman began to yell. "Listen up! That may be my dream baby right there so hand him over!" Sonic began to get scared and began to cry and tried hiding in shadow's chest fur. "He's mine and that's final!"
The woman then began to scream at him. "Give him to me! Right now!" Shadow began to get angry. "Listen up! He's mine! Mine!" Just then the worker who was with him when he found sonic came out and lead the woman outside. Shadow then signed the papers and went outside.

The worker came up to him with a big bruise on his head. "Take care of him." "I will." Shadow then chaos controlled away to his house. Sonic was giggling. "Did you like that?" Shadow said to sonic who was still giggling. Shadow brought him inside and put him on the couch. "Hang on, I'll be right back." Shadow then came back with a warm bottle of milk. He then put it in Sonic's mouth and watched as sonic drank it.

Soon shadow decided he needed to make himself some food. He went into the kitchen and began to make some Mac and cheese. As he was cooking he heard a loud thud come from the other room. Then a few seconds later he heard a crying. Shadow ran into the room to see sonic laying on the ground crying. "Calm down you're okay." He said while cradling sonic. He picked up Sonic's half empty bottle and put it in Sonic's mouth. Sonic stopped crying and began to drink it again. Shadow then wiped away Sonic's tears.

Shadow then laid a blanket down and put sonic on it. Shadow then went back into the kitchen to finish making the macaroni and cheese. After it finished cooking he put it on a plate and went back to where sonic was. Shadow then turned on the TV and began to eat his Mac and cheese. Sonic saw shadow and tried to climb on the couch. Sonic tried for several minutes before shadow finally decided to help him. Once he was on the couch he crawled over to shadow and stuck his hands in shadow's food. He then grabbed the globs and ate them. "Hey, that's mine." Shadow said. Sonic began to lick the cheese off his hands. Sonic tried to grab more but shadow stopped him. "Here, let me help you." Shadow said while feeding a spoonful of macaroni to sonic. Shadow and sonic eventually ate all the macaroni and they both felt tired so they both laid down on the couch. Soon enough they both fell asleep.

So the story has begun! What will happen next?