Separation

Packing for college (they grow up so fast😥)

Hollys POV

"I can't believe I'm actually going to a college." I say in a hushed voice almost in disbelief.

      "Why can't I come with you?" Jackson asks from the bed.

      "I can't buy an apartment yet." I look at his sad fAce. "But even then I can't give you what you need. Mrs. Smith and mr. Smith can." I smile sadly and put a pair of sandals into my bag. I sit beside of him.

      "I'll make sure he stays safe." Abbey smiles from my window seat.

     "I know you will." I pick Jackson up onto my lap and he tackles my neck in a hug.

      "Promise to visit?" Jackson asks.

      "Of course!" I almost gasp. "I've got to go to the airport but you can come with me to there but then you have to come back okay?"

     "Yeah!" Jackson exclaims.

       I hug Abbey and cry a bit as I get into the Smiths nice car with Jackson beside of me. At the airport by my plane entrance I crouch down In front of Jackson. My hair was about shoulder length when it was straightened down but it was pulled into a ponytail with most of it falling over my face. It was definitely a lighter colour though. It used to be as close to black as brown can et but now it was a dark chocolate colour. (My cousins did that when he went through chemo a few times and it was a different colour every time)

     "Promise to behave?" I say to Jackson.

     "Whatever you want Holly." Jackson says in a sad and resentful voice.

     "Oh my god I'll miss you." I hug him tightly up to me.

      "I think your suffocating me." Jackson says but a smile is plastered on his face.

     "Sorry." I pull him away from me and smooth out his clothes. "I've got to catch my plane by Jackson." I smile weakly and wipe the tears that have fallen.

     "Bye!" Jackson says and I can tell Ben in his small frame he is trembling to keep himself from crying.

      "Bye." I wave and go through and board my plane. I fall asleep against the window since I was the only person in this row.

Zach's POV

Ginny has small tears rolling down her cheeks as she sobs aloud.

       I don't want you to go. Ginny signs through her tears. I was finding it hard to keep it together myself but by now I wasn't even trying to hold the tears back.

     "I don't want to go either but you know I have to." I say and Ginny nods in agreement and runs her small fingers under her eyes to gather tears but they are replaced by new ones.

"I've gotta go Ginny." I say and give her one last hug that she pulls my even closer than I do her and burrows her head into my neck. I kiss her hair and hesitate there before releasing her and wiping her cheeks myself to gather the new tears. "It's okay. You'll be okay." I whisper and she nods. I look to Andrew who I've already said a goodbye to and then hug June once more and thank her for the place to stay and for keeping Ginny. I ride a taxi to the nearest airport with a clear imagine of Ginny's tear covered face in my mind. I board my plane where I'm sitting beside of a women who has a baby in the seat beside of her. She had her blond hair slicked back into a tight bun with a

"I'm so sorry." She apologizes in a think English accent. "I just can't get her to stop crying." She rocks the baby between her arms.

"Want me to try?" I ask remembering the many nights as a kid I'd stayed up with Ginny when she was a newborn and wouldn't go to sleep but stayed up all night crying. I could touch her and hold her and she'd stop but as soon as if try and set her down she would cry again.

"Please." She seems almost desperate. "I've got to go loose the restroom quite terribly but she's kept me up at the airport. Her name is Emily by the way." She smiles.

"Of course." I say smiling and taking the little girl in a pink onesie out of her hands as she hurriedly rushed up and to the back of the plane. The little girl had fair skin with her mother's dark hair. Emily's mouth is open in a cry and I hold her up to me. "Hey don't cry don't cry." I rock her the tiniest bit in my arms. "Look, your going to this place it's called Seattle with the space needle. (I think that's what it's called) and you can also go to these corner cafés that's sell those little- what do you call them?- apple turnovers and donuts with coffee. But your too young to drink coffee so maybe you can take little bites of doughnuts." She seems to stop crying but she is still whimpering.

       I chuckle to myself and run my finger down the bridge of her nose. It had always soothed Ginny. Emily giggled and her arms flew in the air.

      "You like that?" I ask and run my finger over her nose again over and over till her eyes dropped and Emily was asleep. Her mother came out of the bathroom and sat back down in her seat on the plane.

       "She's asleep?" She said in disbelief.

      "When you can't get her to sleep run your finger over her nose." I smile and hand Emily to the women.

       "Thank you so much!" She exclaims and sets Emily into her carrier.