FIVE

TATE
( v. lacrosse )
'LEAVE ME ALONE'

Grant didn't know what to do. He was in shock, should he hug him or do that weird bro hand shake the guys at school do? There in front of him stood his best friend (besides michelle) Dallas Argent. Dallas awkwardly stared at the taller boy. "Are you guys gonna talk or did I bring you along for nothing?" Chris asked crossing is arms over his chest.

Dallas grinned then walked over to his friend pulling him into a hug. Grant is 5'8 whilst Dallas is 5'4 so it was kind of an awkward hug. "you're taller then I expected" Dallas stated looking up at him. Grant laughed slightly. "You look the same from facetime. Small" Grant said looking down at him. Dallas rolled is eyes, "shut up you giant" he remarked.

The boys then followed behind Chris and Scott as the two older men discussed Liam. "You know I am a year older then you so maybe you'll grow" Grant said resulting in Dallas rolling his eyes once more.

Dallas and Grant walked up to the front of the school. Grant noticed Dallas looking around anxiously. "Bro you okay?" he asked raising an eyebrow at his friend. Dallas shrugged his shoulders. "I'm nervous for school. Everyone knows what happened and then my eye and oh Zoey" Dallas said moving his arms around like a crazy person. Grant stopped in his tracks and tuned towards Dallas. "Dallas, first of all since when do you care about someone elses' opinion? and what about Zoey? I mean I've never had a real conversation with but she seems nice so what's up?" Grant asked.

Dallas sighed. "I usually don't care, but back in France everyone judged me. And well I didn't quite tell Zoey I was back..." Dallas stated scratching the back of his neck. Grant's eyes widened. Before he could say anything a familiar voice rang through his ears. "I paid for it" An angry Liam stated as he talked to a player from Devenford prep. Dallas and Grant exchanged a look of fear as they saw blood drip from Liam's fist. The two ran over. "sup dude good luck tonight now I gotta go with Liam so come on man" Grant said super fast. He shoved Liam away where he saw Scott and Stiles. "here's your beta now do the alpha stuff and make him chill" Grant said waving his arm around Liam. Scott nodded and him and Stiles quickly moved him into the locker room.

The two sophmores turned around to be greeted by a fuming Zoey. "Dallas! why the hell didn't you tell me you were back?" Zoey barked. Dallas was about to reply when Zoey pulled him into a tight hug. "I missed you so much" she whispered to him. Dallas was confused at first but then hugged her back. Grant awkwardly stood besides them, third wheeling. The two pulled apart, "i'm still mad you didn't tell me" Zoey stated.

Grant stood behind the bleachers on the phone with Malia, who was growing annoyed of her little brother. "Grant I told you I am not going to your freakin game I have more important things to do" malia shouted through the phone and with that she hung up. Grant felt his heart sink. Tears threatend to come out but Grant's dad always told him, "you do not cry infront of your peers because it shows that you weak and that is how you get bullied" So he didn't cry. He was just angry now.

"Tate field now!" Coach yelled. Grant's face tuned stone cold and he ran out to the field. He assumed his position. "Grant you okay?" Kira asked quietly. Grant turned his head towards Kira, "Just Peachy" he responded sarcastily. Then turning back to the field.

The game starts quite rough. Brett a player from the other team gets the ball and shoulder charges into Liam. Liam throws his helmet and gloves off, ready to fight him. Before he could Scott and Stiles hold him back. He is then forced to sit the bench. Grant already ticked off rolls his eyes then gets back into start position. This time Kira gets the ball. She runs straight to the goal, ignoring Coaches call for her to pass the ball. She throws the ball and sucessfully makes her first goal. She turns around with a hug smile "I did it!" sh yelled happily. As Kira celebrated her successful goal Coach shouts her over. "Yukimura bench now!" He yells

As the two converse Grant looks in the crowd in hopes to see Malia or his father, but there is no sign of either. He sighs and walks back to his position. Liam was now back in to replace Kira. As the quarter starts Liam of course collides with Brett and both get injuried. As Scott talks to Liam Grant notices Garett sheath his lacrosse stick. He jogs over to Scott telling of what he saw.

"liam do you have any cuts any where?" Scott asked worriedly

Liam shakes his head no. Scott looks over at Grant and pulls him to the side. "That's good that means he missed right?" Grant asked. Scott looked over at Garrett. "or theres another beta on the field" He responded.

Kira, Grant, Stiles, Liam and Scott gathered in a circle as they waited for Lydia to respond with the updated deadpool list. "I got it" Stiles shouts. He quickly slides his phone open. "well who's on it?" Grant spat. Stiles rolled his eyes at the agitated teen. "Kira. It's you mom" He says. Kira's eyes widened and she quickly left the field to go to her mom.

Grant threw his lacrosse bag down as he entered the house. He ran a hand through his messy hair and went into the kitchen. "Grant? is that you?" Malia asked. Grant ignored her and continued to get his ramen ready. "Grantie I'm -" Malia began but was cut off by Grant dropping down his noodles.

"Just leave me alone Malia!" He yelled. He pushed past her. "It was just one stupid lacrosse game" Malia shouted back making him turn on his heals. "Oh Really!? Just one lacroose game? Malia you've missed my whle fricken life! But of course you couldn't give two shits because all you care about is yourself and your stupid boyfriend. I give up Malia! Just leave me alone" Grant yelled. He then went to his room slamming the door behind him.

Malia stood in shock. She looked down at her feet as a tears slippd down her cheek.

What have I done? she thought

AUTHORS NOTE:
this chapter broke my heart. but dallas and grant are brotp asf. Also I'm so sorry I haven't been updating i'm failing a class so i'm focused on getting my grade up, but I'll try to be more active because I love grant and tom is the loml.

QOTD: do you think grant has the right to be so mad at malia for missing the game?
EVELYN