Chapter 21

Melody's POV

When I stepped into the room I smelled a scent with my new senses that smelled really familiar. It was like I had known this person before. However who I saw in the room made me freeze dead in my tracks. I locked eyes with the rouges and couldn't tear my eyes away.

"Mel, are you ok?" Randal asked worriedly.

When I didn't respond but just remained frozen Randal looked over at the rouges and he saw that they were the ones that had me shocked.

"That's it, I don't know who you are but you are disturbing my mate! I want you out!" Randal shouted.

I quickly shook my head free of its daze, and when I looked up they were still standing there. It wasn't just an illusion. Suddenly I hear one of the rouges speak. "Mel?" The rouge questioned.

I nodded and then she smiled. "You haven't changed a bit!" she said.

She hadn't changed either, she still had the red hair that reached to her waist, and the hazel eyes that she was named after. I suddenly screamed. Randal jumped in front of me in a defensive position gazed locked on Hazel and her mother. The people I thought I would never see again. I just rolled my eyes and shoved him out of the way and ran and grabbed Hazel into a hug. I was still screaming all the while. All the screaming brought Xavier into the room.

"What is going on, Mel, are you al...... Oh my goodness!" Xavier said. He then just continued to stare at the scene before him, but when he looked over at Hazel, he and Hazel both said one word at the same time.... "Mate" They both said.

Randal was just looking at the whole thing with a confused look on his face.

I was still hugging Hazel at this point and she and I were both crying by now. Xavier came over and hugged us both, so we were all in a group hug. When I looked up I thought I saw a couple of tears in his eyes.

I knew how much this meant to him, he had been looking for his mate for a while now. However I never expected it to be Hazel. We had met and became friends instantly when Xavier and Hazel were 6 and I was 5. We were inseparable, we did everything together. That all changed after my mom died. When she died we moved and we lost touch. I always felt bad for Xavier because back then he had a little crush on Hazel. So it is great that they are mates.

I was snapped out of my train of thought by Hazel shouting, "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!?! I HAVE BEEN LOOKING EVERYWHERE FOR YOU SINCE YOU MOVED, AND WHY DID YOU NEVER KEEP IN TOUCH?"

I quickly flinched, which made Randal growl and pull me into a hug protectively. I put a hand on his chest to calm him down, and also tell him to back off a little bit.

"It's a long story," I said. "Which I promise I will tell you, but can I hear yours first?"

Hazel nodded, and then she started her story.

"So after your mom died and you guys moved away, my mom moved away too. I knew that we were werewolves, but I didn't know if you guys were so I didn't say anything. Your mom and my mom were best friends, as you already knew, and so it was quite a blow when she died. So after you guys moved away and lost touch with us, we decided to move away to a new pack. So we moved to Kansas. Well about a year ago, our pack was attacked by rouges, my dad was killed along with my entire pack. Mom and I were the only survivors. We were now rouges and we didn't know what to do. So we started traveling, we then heard of this pack, and how they weren't as merciless to rouges so we started heading towards the border of your territory. On the way past the high school, I caught two familiar scents, and I knew I recognized them, but I couldn't remember where from. So I followed them and it led us to your territory where the patrol met us. So we asked if we could stay, and I knew that this was the best chance we had because even though I couldn't remember exactly whose scents I caught, I knew that there was a chance that they would recognize us. So we asked to come in and well here we are! I never expected to see you guys again, and I have missed you guys so much." Hazel finished with tears in her eyes.

I looked into her piercing hazel eyes that seemed to look right into your soul and always be able to tell what you were thinking, and I couldn't help but burst out crying.

"I am so sorry!" I sobbed, "I should have been there for you, I should have tried harder; you were my best friend. My only friend and I just abandoned you. I am no better than I thought Xavier was."

"No that's not true!" Xavier said. "You didn't mean to not keep in contact; our so called father stopped you from doing that. Don't you remember what happened to you? The abuse was so bad that you stopped talking for 7 years! I was the one who should be sorry because you couldn't help to abandon Hazel, but I could have stopped myself from abandoning you. When I said yes to go with grandfather, I thought that you were coming along with me, so I left with no word at all as to where I was going. I should have at least left a note or called or something. I am the one who should be sorry, not you Mel, you did nothing wrong."

"ABUSE?!?!?" Hazel screamed.

"Yeah, after mom died, my dad kinda abused me. That's why I am with Randal now instead of still living with him. Also Hazel, this is my mate and the alpha of this pack, Randal. Randal this is my best friend Hazel and her mom Mrs. Parks."

"It was very nice to meet you." Randal said, "And I am sorry that about the things I said earlier, I was so concerned over my mate, that I didn't even give you a chance to speak. So I am sorry."

"All's well that ends well, right?" Hazel said.

"So, now that we got that settled, can me and my little mate have some privacy so we can catch up?" Xavier said.

Hazel just blushed.

I smiled, "Come on Randal; let's let them have some privacy. Can we go see Rollin?" I said.

Randal just smiled and nodded; then right before we left the room, he leaned down and pecked me on the lips. I quickly put my head down and blushed, because Xavier and Hazel had both just seen that. Randal just chuckled, took my hand, and led me out of the room.