Chapter 22

Melody's POV

As we were leaving the room Randal and I went to find Rollin. On the way there we bumped into a couple that were walking down the hall. All of a sudden when the lady saw us, she started screaming, and running over to us. I put my hands over my ears and flinched. However when she was reaching out to us Randal stepped in front of me, stopping the lady in her tracks.

"RANDAL MATTHEW EVANS YOU WILL NOT HIDE YOUR MATE FROM MEETING YOUR OWN MOTHER AND FATHER. NOW LET US SEE HER!" the lady yelled.

"Mom be careful, you're scaring her, I will gladly move when you have calmed down." Randal said.

I couldn't help but giggle. Randal looked back at me. "What's so funny?" he asked confused.

"Randal Matthew Evans? I never knew that was your full name. Come to think of it, I didn't even know your last name let alone your middle name. It's a name that fits you." I said sheepishly.

There was suddenly a chuckle behind his mom. I looked over and there was his dad smiling at us with amusement in his eyes. It was such a nice change then the anger and disappointment that I always see in my own dad's eyes.

"Hi, nice to meet you, I'm Rick." His dad said.

"And I'm Emma, but you can call me mom if you would like. I mean you are a part of this family now." His mom said.

"MOMMY!! What's going on? I heard screaming, and yelling." Rollin said as he was coming around the corner. When he saw me his eyes lit up.

"MEL!" he shouted. Then he ran and jumped into my arms. "Has bubba been treating you right?"

"Yes I have buddy." Randal said ruffling his hair.

"No, I was asking Mel." He said pouting.

I just giggled, he was just too adorable. "Yes he has Rollin." I said.

His face lit up "Good!" he said.

Then he leaned over to whisper in my ear... "Can you come play with me?" he loudly whispered.

Everyone in the room chuckled.

"Sorry buddy, but I am gonna need to steal her back from you ok?" Randal said.

"I promise I will play with you later ok?" I told him.

"OK" he said and then he ran out of the room to go play with his toys.

"Well I better go check on Xavier and Hazel." I said they have been in there for a long time.

"Ok, I will come up in a little bit; I am just going to talk to my parents for a little bit." Randal said.

"Ok." I said, and then before I went upstairs to the office I quickly gave him a kiss on the cheek.

I turned to go, but then he quickly grabbed my arm and spun me around and gave me a peck on the lips. "I love you." He said.

"I love you too" I said sheepishly.

He just grinned and gave me another peck, before he let go, and I went up the stairs.

I was just about to knock when I felt the emotions of happiness, embarrassment, and love coming through the door. So I decided to listen in so I wouldn't interrupt anything.

There was a chuckle and then "Hey its ok, you were all I talked about too, just ask Mel."

I smiled to myself. Suddenly the door opened and I fell into the room.

"Right Mel?" Xavier said smirking. I just blushed

"Sorry, I just couldn't resist, you two are so cute together." I said sheepishly.

Xavier and Hazel just chuckled.

"Well would you look at the time, got to go!" I quickly dashed out of the room.

I was so embarrassed! I can't believe they caught me eavesdropping. So I decided I needed some air, so I went outside.

I sat on the porch steps, and I looked up. My breath caught. For a second I thought I saw, but no, it couldn't be. I thought I was just going crazy for a second. Though just in case, I decided to go look a little closer. I thought I saw someone watching me. However, I didn't see anyone. When I turned around I came face to face with none other than my father. I screamed. He quickly put something over my mouth and when I breathed in I started to feel dizzy. I continued to struggle. However, I couldn't fight it for long, and then.... Everything went black.