[1] the meeting

lucy walked out of her house on a sunday morning, locking the door behind her and breathing in the fresh air. it was hard not to enjoy the blazing hot sun with a light breeze. she was on her way to her best friends house, levy mcgarden, as she always did most of the time when she was bored and had nothing else to do. she got a few steps away from her house before she inevitably pulled out her phone and headphones and plugged them in, then proceeded to listen to music.

as she walked, she noticed people running to the center of the town, mainly girls. probably a sale at an expensive store, lucy thought, continuing to walk, minding her own business. she had the money and didn't need to waste her time, especially with that many girls running towards it.

she walked with her head down, focusing her attention on her phone, distracted. that was until she was ran into by a strong force, knocking her to the ground and blurring her vision. she could make out the sun shining, and a head of pink hair looking down at her.

she started blinking rapidly and her vision cleared, her brown eyes meeting with panicked dark green ones. almost immediately recognizing the person, she scoffed and pushed herself off of the ground.

"please don't yell out my name i'm begging you!" the boy, known as natsu dragneel, put his hand over her mouth, fearing she would drag more attention to him.

"oh my gosh, get over yourself. make sure you watch where you're walking, dragneel." lucy suggested, picking up her, thankfully, unscratched phone and headphones from where they were knocked out of her hand and onto the floor from the impact.

natsu slowly nodded, watching as she walked away. but he quickly jogged to pullher back to him, confused on how she didn't like nor care about him. as if he was a meer stranger.

"hey, whats your name?" he asked, not wanting her to get out of his sight.

"why do you care?" she raised an eyebrow, taking a step back so they won't be as close.

"well, you just basically just treated me like i was nothing. that and you're really pretty." natsu stated, and noticed as her cheeks flushed pink.

lucy, who wanted to get him away from her, came up with a plan. "my name is lucy."

"really? lucy is a really pretty name, but i think-"

"hey everyone it's natsu dragneel!" lucy yelled out, then it was followed by the sound of running and girls squealing. lucy looked at him, one last time before he took off. "goodbye, dragneel."

lucy watched as he ran off somewhere, a stampede of fans following him, and laughed to herself. she started walking once again, wanting to forget about the pink haired celebrity. she won't deny it though, she thought he was cute, but who wouldn't?

it was only moments later when she had saw levy's house in the distance, then started running over to the small pale blue house. the sudden urge to see her best friend, even if the last time they saw eachother was two days ago.

lucy knocked on her door, waiting for a few minutes beforeher short, blue-haired best friend opened the door. "levy- chan! i missed you!" levy opened the door fully and stepped to the side to let lucy in.

"lu-chan!" they shared a hug with each other, as they always do when they greet each other. they talked a little before lucy headed to the living room and levy went to the kitchen, going to get some food for her as she always did.

"ohmygosh, levy i forgot to tell you what happened before i got here." lucy said from the living room, and levy was quick to come back with a snack.

"what?"

"you have to guess." lucy snickered, making levy throw her hands in the air in frustration.

"you're so annoying. you do this everytime and i'm not fucking guessing."

lucy rolled her eyes, "you know that one guy I don't like," lucy paused, forgetting his name already.

"dan?" levy interrupted her thoughts, but lucy was quick to shake her head at him. then she remembered the celebrity.

"no...natsu dragneel! i met him while i was walking here, he's really weird." lucy started, sparking levy's interest.

"weird how?" she asked.

"he asked me for my name, but then i called out his to get him away from me. he was so persistent with it too." lucy informed, making levy's head tilt. lucy shrugged, "i won't worry too much about it, though, how could he ever find me, am i right?"

levy nodded, then turned to the tv. it was on the news, the camera pointing at natsu dragneel running away from fans...then running into a girl with bright blonde hair.

"fuck-" lucy yelled, her eyes widening and levy slapped her arm.

"watch your profanities, bitch-"

"excuse me-"

"why are you making such a big deal out of it anyway, it's not like the camera really focused on you, no one will ever know it's you." levy assured, calming both of them down in an instant.

lucy nodded, agreeing with her. everything will be okay.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

so, i'm going to start editing this book starting today because i just feel like it's really cringy