41. Insidious

I really really love you guys.
A lot. You're like my babies sometimes. *sigh* okay enough of that crap. Lets move along.

Maybe 8 chapters left! I kinda want to end on an even number so we will say 50 is the end. Maybe. Lol

____________________________________

Nova

Finally..

Making sure I wasn't seen was easy considering every member was currently at the pack meeting. Alpha must have reached his wolves because i hadn't heard any commotion so far.

Stepping off the last natural carved step of stone, i crept inside the dark cave, or 'cellar' slowly, as if i were awaiting for someone to catch me.

The stench of rotting flesh and bodily fluids took precedent over the smell of mold and earth in the air. The torch that had been left by the entrance last time I came to this barbaric death cell had been replaced by a small LED flashlight which i held in my shaking hand.. producing a smaller circumference of light.

Standing in the corridor, not yet quite inside the large stone cave.. I could see the pond inside refelcting an aqua coloured light.. even at night. It disappeared through the stone wall.. as if it connected to the lake above. How it produced so much bright light was beyond me..

Cold and damp.

Shivering from a slight breeze that came from some deep crevice of the cave, I stepped past the wall , embarking on my journey to talk to Deacon. I could hear whispers almost as if the echoes from the deep dome like cavern were playing tricks on me.

Shining my light, i noted Deacon's cell.. he was huddled inside, rocking back and forth. Seeming frail and weak just from the few days he had been in here.. he seemed to be talking to himself.. mumbling.

The poison must have still been in his system.. just now working itself out.

I walked straight to Deacon's cell quickly... my footsteps echoing along with the drip of water inside the musty cave. The smell of decay became more concentrated as i approached the wall of cells. The eerieness of this cave made me feel uneasy.. the quicker i got this over with, the better.

"Deacon?" I whispered, shining the light on him as i crouched down to the stone floor, my chuck taylors dirty from the filth that resided down here.

His head snapped up, revealing pupils that were blown out, hiding the blue of his iris. A low girl erupted from his chest. "Where have you been?" His forehead creased in anger.

My brows creased as I frowned at him.. confusion replacing my fear. "Deacon whats wrong with you?" I leaned my head forward to peer through the bars as the light shone upon his pale form. He flinched as the light hit his eyes, a roar emitting from his throat as he came at me with a quickness, crashing into the bars which had me jumping back, frightened as I screamed and fell backwards on my ass. The flashlight i once held went skittering across the stone floor.

Gasping i gaped up at him, his eyes wide as his hands gripped the bars.. breathing heavily. "Leave Nova.. something is wrong with me." He grounded out.

I pushed myself off the ground, dusting myself off as i stared at him, assessing his form. "Deacon whats wrong?"

A cackle sounded out, echoing through the air. "Its the poison working itself out of his system. He's been drinking it for a while.. it has built up inside him." An amused feminine raspy voice called out.

Glancing down the row of cells, there Anita stood,

only she wasn't inside her cell..

She was standing outside.. not forty feet away from me.. leaning against the cell door with her hip, the silver chains that once adorned her wrists lay on the ground in a heap as she examined her nails, dark eyes meeting mine with a smirk on her painted lips.