Rejecting the Rejected: Chapter 9

Hey guys, so I know this is late, but I have a perfectly reasonable explanation. Please READ THE AUTHOR’S NOTE AT END OF CHAPTER! I have something really important to tell you guys, and I really hope that you guys understand.

It is short,!

Minor violence, not too bad, for me at least.

Chapter 9

I immediately tried to jump back out of Carter’s embrace, but he wouldn’t let go of me, and held me tighter.

“Uh, dad. I can explain.” I stuttered trying to detach Carter from me.

Carter pulled me even further into his warm body and growled into my ear. “Don’t even think about it.”

My dad gave Carter a murderous glare and then a softer one my way. “This is the little punk that rejected you?” He pointed carelessly at Carter.

I gave a soft nod, which was kind of hard considering my head was squished against Carter’s chest.

The look in my dad’s eyes was anything but sympathetic. He looked absolutely murderous, a look that would have even the toughest wolf running to the high hills with its tail between its legs.

Before my dad launched himself at Carter, Charlene ran in front of my dad and tried to calm him down. Carter positioned himself so he was standing possessively in front of me. “Look, Mr. Drake, I can explain.”

My dad’s eyes were turning a dark black, blacker than when I told him about my rejected ‘issue’.

“Do explain why you smashed my daughter’s heart and left her there to defend for her by being humiliated in front of the entire school.” My dad spat out.

I glared at Charlene. How dare she tell him about everything that happened? She shrugged and mouthed ‘I’m sorry, he needed to know.’

I just turned my head back to my dad who was still staring at Carter menacingly. I could feel Carter take a deep breath beside me.

“Sir, you need to know that I didn’t reject her.” Carter said quietly.

I gaped at him, and Charlene was not far behind my dad. “How dare you say that after what you have done to her?”

He interrupted her. “After what happened last weekend…” He looked back towards me with a small blush on his cheeks. My blush was making its way to my face as well. Why did Carter have to be the one to tell my dad that?

“What happened last weekend?” My dad asked gruffly.

I looked down at my shoes shyly. Carter cleared his throat uncomfortably and I could feel him staring at me as if saying ‘you’ve got this one’.

“What-“ My dad asked before realization came to him. “You were with my daughter?” My dad roared.

This time Charlene couldn’t stop my dad from attacking Carter to the ground before we could protest. I screamed as my dad started punching Carter while holding him down so he couldn’t do anything to protect himself.

Tears welled in my eyes as I tried yelling at my dad to stop. “Daddy! Please stop!”

Charlene tried to get my dad off Carter, but he gruffly pushed her off and proceeded to beat Carter. At this time I thought there was nothing I could do.

My dad went completely wolf and he was going to kill my mate Carter. Just as I thought all hope was gone, a strong voice rippled through the air. “Get your hands off my son!”

I snapped my head up to see the Alpha ripping my dad from Carter. The Alpha looked like he was about to murder my dad, but he breathed in and out and started talking calmly to my dad. “Mark calm down! You are going to hurt your daughter!” The alpha said to my dad who was currently struggling to get out of his grasp.

As soon as the Alpha said that, my dad seemed to snap out of some sort of trance. I ran over to Carter to see him spurting blood out from his mouth made me want to be sick. “Carter, oh my god. Carter!” I shook his shoulders gently.

His head lolled towards me. “I-“ He coughed out some blood. I watched in horror as blood came pouring out of his mouth.

“I-I accept y-you.”

With that, his eyes shut as he slipped away from the world.

NOTE!!: Look, so I want to apologize for the late upload. First off, I had midterms all last week and some this week. It has been ridiculous how much homework I have been given, not to mention the projects…. Anyways... I also haven’t been very motivated for this story.

I know, I know, I JUST started this story, how could I be bored with it? Well, I just can’t seem to keep a story, but I am trying my hardest to finish this as my first completed story.

I will try to upload by the weekend, but don’t be really mad if it hasn’t happened, it’ll probably be up by next week.

Thank you so much for reading this story, you guys don’t know how much it means to me. Just the thought of someone even reading my story is still completely unreal.

THANK YOU GUYS!!!!!!