2| Humza And I

H U M Z A A N D I

W O R D C O U N T: 1220

I was walking down the corridors of Harrison high, the local school where I worked as a teacher for the small kids

I was walking down the corridors of Harrison high, the local school where I worked as a teacher for the small kids. I needed money for Nabiha and my education. Although I didn't earn much, it was enough for our basics.

The happenings of yesterday kept on playing itself on a loop inside my brain. Now I was left alone to decide whether I should go or not.

The answer that crossed my mind a zillion times was definitely a 'no', not because I was scared or something. I am not afraid of him or maybe I am but he doesn't have to know it. He just can't threaten me like that or force me into something.

And besides he shouldn't even matter, after what had happened yesterday, I am 200% sure I don't have to worry about it. Its obvious my aunt wouldn't marry me to a person like him. She doesn't despise me that much.

Letting out a sigh, I made my way to the staff office. I was almost there when I heard someone call my name. "Anaabiyaaaa." I twirled around to find Ahad panting hard. "Were you running a marathon?" I asked him sarcastically. "No No, I was searching for you. Now tell me about yesterday. What happened?" I can't believe it. How can he be so thrilled and peppy about it? I know he loves and adores me to the core. Plus he is my only friend cum brother.

Ahad and I have grown up together. He is kind of my best friend. His mother, my aunt died soon after she gave birth to him and my mother fed him as I too was born around the same time. So you can say he is a mehram to me.

He is a month older to me and so he treats me like his baby sister. "I'll tell you later, I need to go home now. I am exhausted." We both entered the office together. He too worked here. It was because of him that I too got a job here. "Then come on! I will drop you home. Its already 7.30." The only thing that caught my attention was that it was past 7. Humza must be waiting but good, he should learn to wait. He is completely wrong if he thinks I am going to show up.

Ahad dropped me a few yards away because my aunt always suspects that Ahad and I have something going on between us, although she knows the truth.

On our way home, I had told him everything and he warned me to block Humza's number. I was pretty much happy that I didn't go and Humza couldn't do anything about it. It was a hard punch on his face. A smug smile crossed my face as I thought about it. I was sauntering towards my home when I thought of blocking Humza's number. I searched my bag for my phone and when I did find it, my eyes were as wide as a soccer.

24 missed calls and 8 messages. 19 missed calls from Humza while 5 from my aunt. The messages were all from the same person, Humza.