; 1

It is summer of 2006, you and Mark Tuan are riding your bikes down the lane in Los Angeles. Both of your parents watch from a distance smiling. You crash into him, and you fall to the ground. Mark gives you a hand, you take it, but he drops you back down. You hear Mrs. Tuan tell Mark to properly pick you up, so he does.

In your neighborhood, you guys are nicknamed as "The Two Playful 13-year olds". Well you can't blame your neighbors. You really are two 13-year olds that act like 5-year olds. Mark carries you on his back and gently drops you on the lawn. You both lay down and smile at each other.

"Y/N," Mark says.

"Hm?" you ask.

"Do you remember when we first met?" he asks.

"Of course not! We were only two!" you exclaim.

"True, but what if we never met?" Mark asks.

"Then my life would be terrible!" you reply.

Both of you laugh as you watch the sun go down. You lay your head on his, and he smiles.

"What if, I suddenly forget you?" you ask.

"That's crazy! You'll never forget me, and even if that happens, love always finds its way to true love," Mark says with a sweet smile.

"Wow, okay," you say, lightly punching him in the arm.

He laughs as he says, "I love you, idiot."

"I love you too, idiot," you reply.

You and Mark walk your bikes up the hill into your house. Your parents prepared some snacks for you and Mark's siblings. As you walk into the house, you see a whole table of snacks.

Everything was on it, from fruits to chips to dessert. Mark runs to the table and gets a cupcake. You get a cupcake as well, so you two can have a cupcake fight. You chase each other around with the cupcakes, trying to stuff it in each other's face.

"Mark! Y/N! Stop that!" Mrs. Tuan says while laughing. While the parents and Mark's 11-year old brother, Joey, talk in the kitchen, you and Mark decide to hang out in your room. He immediately throws himself on the bed.

"Hey, Idiot! Get off!" you yell.

"NO!!" he shouts. He shouts so loud that everyone downstairs can hear what he said.

"Please! You're such a jerk!!," you say. "Now get off my bed!"

"Okay, gosh," he says, slowly getting off the bed.

You and Mark have been together for a couple months now. Yeah, you can call it puppy love or whatever, but you really love each other. You've known each other for eleven years after all. You want to protect each other and do everything to make each other happy.

Mark grabs you and gives you a piggyback ride around your room. Mark has always been the enthusiastic type of boy, while you have always been the shy girl. But ever since you started to like him, you became enthusiastic as well.

Mark has always been there for you. Whenever you were happy, he was there. Whenever you were sad, he was there. Whenever you needed him, he was there.

He was the person that you could run to whenever you needed to talk to someone. You were the same for him. Mark was so thankful to have you in his life, and he didn't know what he would do without you.

"Oh yeah! We're going to have a party at that Chinese restaurant with both of our families tomorrow!" Mark says.

"Yup! I can't wait! We should go to the park right next to the mall!" you say.

"Yeah! Let's ride our bikes up and down the hill and see who will fall down first," he says with a wink. You and him laugh and fall asleep, dreaming about tomorrow.