; 9

When you go back upstairs, your mom is sitting down on your bed. You run to her and give her a big hug.

"Hi, Mom! Why are you here?" you ask.

"I want to talk to you," she says. She doesn't have her usual positive face. She's serious, and you're a bit scared.

"What...is it?" you ask, sitting down next to her.

"Of course you know you will be staying here the whole summer, and that's fine. The thing is, GOT7 chose to have their summer vacation here as well. They will be here the same amount of time," she says.

"That's a good thing right? They love it here!" you exclaim, trying to look into her eyes. There was really something wrong.

"Sweetie, your father and I have talked, and we want to tell you something we should have told you nine years ago, but we were too scared," she says, trying to hold her tears back. You don't say anything, and you just wait. You wonder what they have been keeping from you all this time.

"The truth is, you didn't get any treatment. You lost your memory for another reason," she says, holding your hands.

"What's the reason?" you quickly ask, anticipating.

"Your real name is, Y/N (original name). You were born and raised in LA, and you were such a sweet girl. When you were two, you met the child that would change your life. His name is Mark," she says.

"Mark?" you ask, thinking about Mark.

"Yes, Mark. Mark Tuan. You and him were best friends, and you fell in love when you were thirteen. You went to the park, but his little brother Joey crossed the street to get a basketball. There, a car hit you, and you lost your memory. The doctor said not to tell you all of this right away, because it would traumatize you. I'm so sorry," she says, with tears flowing down her cheeks. You're speechless, and you don't know what to think.

"Mom...I...don't know what to say. You're saying that the Mark Tuan I've been talking to was my best friend?! My lover?! I was born in LA?!" you yell, shocked.

"Yes, sweetie. That's why we were so scared to find out he was here!" she exclaims.

"Last night, he told me a story. He told me why he was so cold to everyone. It was because of a girl he dearly loved, and he wanted to see her again. Turns out, that girl is me," you say, thinking hard.

"I know. Ever since we left for Korea, I always checked on him. His parents told me he couldn't eat and he didn't want to talk to anyone. Then, someone from JYP approached him in school, and he decided to take the opportunity to become famous to find you," your mom says with a slight smile. You just stare at her, surprised.

You're not mad, but you feel a bit upset that your parents didn't tell you. You understand them though, but you wish that you could do something for Mark. Your mom takes out her wallet and shows you a picture. It was a picture behind your high school graduation picture. In the picture, there was a girl and a boy happily riding their bikes. The girl is you, and she looks exactly like the girl in the picture Mark was looking at near the fountain. The boy looks exactly like Mark, and you smile.

"I have to go now. Are you going to be alright?" your mom asks, giving you one last hug.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. Should I tell Mark? Or Myungsoo Oppa?" you ask, worried.

"I don't know. It's your decision, but it will be hard convincing them about all of this. How about you wait until we announce it at your party," she says.

"Party?" you ask.

"Yes. You're having a party. Your birthday is tomorrow! We'll have your party in a week!" she exclaims. You nod and she walks out of the room. You forgot that your birthday was coming up, and you get excited. On top of that, you're also very scared and worried. You know that you can't live the life you lived before, because you know about the truth.

You walk slowly, still thinking about everything. Your knees go weak, and you don't know what to do. You decide to sit down on the floor of the hallway before you continue to walk. Suddenly, all of the memories come to mind. You remember yourself in LA, riding your bike with Mark, the accident, everything.

"Hey!" a deep voice yells. It's Mark's. You're speechless, and you don't know what to say. You just stare up at him, giving him a scared look.

"What's wrong? Why are you sitting here, Idiot!" he laughs.

Idiot, you remember. That was his nickname for you. He waves his hand in front of your face.

"H-huh? Sorry, I just got a bit dizzy," you say, slowly standing up.

"Okay..." he says, sensing something. "Tell me what's up."

"Nothing! Leave me alone!" you yell. He grabs your waist and pulls you close to his face, close enough for you to kiss.

It's in that moment when everything you and Mark have been through comes to mind. No wonder I was starting to have feelings for him, you think, remembering the incident with Suzy by the fountain. He slowly pulls you in then you push him away.

"Mark, stop. Please," you beg, starting to cry.

"You have to tell me what's wrong," he says, still holding your waist.

"It's just my mom. There was a huge issue with my dad at the office," you lie.

"Okay then," he says, but he knows you're lying. He walks away and looks back at you one more time.