; 8

On the way up, Yu Ra gets in from the fifth floor.

"Hey!" you say, trying to smile.

"Your worst enemy is here," she replies, trying to be serious.

"Yeah I know. I don't care," you say, even though you do care and you're annoyed.

"Y/N, I know you. You're my best friend. I know you're bothered by this," she says, trying to comfort you.

"Fine. Ever since I went to their company for business matters, I always thought that she was the meanest person alive. She's always hated me, because she thinks I'm 'stealing her popularity'. We're not even in the same industry!" you explain, crossing your arms.

Yu Ra laughs as the elevator stops. You stop at the 20th floor, which is where your room is.

"Well, I better get going!" you tell her.

"Okay, but don't worry too much. I'll protect you from her!" she exclaims.

"Thanks," you say, smiling.

You enter your room and sit on the edge of your bed. You can't forget about what happened last night.

"Now I actually understand why he's like that," you say to yourself with a sigh. You stand up and look out your balcony. Mark is sitting by the grand water fountain in front of the hotel. You decide to go down and watch him from the lobby. He's holding a picture of a girl, and you sneak up to look at it. You surprise him, and he yells.

"Hey! What are you doing here?"

"Nothing. Calm down!" you reply. "Ooh she's beautiful." The girl in the picture was the same girl he told you about last night. She looked like a 13-year old, and she had light brown eyes, just like you.

"Stop! Telling you about all of this doesn't mean you can bother me about it," he says with an angry face. You look down and walk away.

"Wait," he says, grabbing your wrist. You look at him in shock. "Stay here with me. Suzy might chase me again."

You sit down next to him, and you smile. "Are you and Suzy close?" you ask.

"No. She's annoying," he replies, not looking at you. "But you're more annoying."

"Don't compare me to Suzy," you say, playfully hitting him.

"You know, I feel embarrassed telling you about my past. How about you? You got anything?" he asks.

"Well, when I was young, I had some sort of treatment thing, and I lost my memory. My parents took me to a hospital in a different country before we moved back here," you explain.

"Woah. That's pretty rough," he says. "Do you remember anything from before you went under the treatment?"

"Well, every once in a while, I see myself riding a bike with someone, but my parents say that it's just my imagination," you say, looking at him. He slowly nods, trying to look away.

"Why are you being nice to me?" you ask.

"I'm not being nice to you! I...I...I'm doing it for Jr.," he says, stuttering. Mark and you have been "friends" for quite a while now, and he was pretty much nice.

"Jr.? Or yourself? You don't talk about him. You talk about your past," you laugh.

"Shut up!" he yells, playfully hitting you in the arm.

"Hey! Don't hit me!" you say, hitting him back. While you two are being playful with each other, Suzy sees you and she approaches you.

"What do you think you're doing? Get your hands off Mark! You're hurting him!" she yells, grabbing both of your wrists.

"Suzy! She wasn't hurting me! We were just playing!" Mark explains, pulling her away from you.

"Oppa, do you like that girl now?!" she asks, whining.

"No, I don't. And don't call me 'oppa'" he insists. His words, 'no I don't' are the only things you are thinking about now. For a second, you feel a whole different feeling. It was pain, but a different kind of pain. You feel like walking away, but you can't. Mark is holding your hand, making sure you are safe. Suzy whines and Mark shouts back. You can't really hear anything, and you don't want to. After what felt like hours of yelling, Mark finally drags you away from her. She's crying, but she also gives you the "death stare". You surprisingly feel a little bit bad, but Mark doesn't.

"Mark, it's okay now," you say, pulling your hand away from his.

"She really doesn't know how to treat anyone right! How did she even get in my company?" Mark yells.

"It's okay. Don't worry," you say. He looks into your eyes and hugs you.

"As long as you're okay, I'm okay," he says, making the hug even tighter.

"Hey! What are you doing?" you yell, pushing him away. He gives you a dirty look and brushes himself off.

"Sorry," he says.

"Again, why are you doing this? Why are you being nice to me?" you ask.

"I'm not! I just want to protect anyone Suzy tries to hurt," he quickly says.

"Okay, but what about last night?" you ask.

"I was drunk!" he yells.

"Oh at least you're aware," you say with a laugh. You walk away and go back up to your room, leaving Mark standing there with a smile.