Chapter 3

"Shit!" Luke shouted as he stumbled through my front door. Our giggles followed his words as we finally returned home and out of the swarmed streets. My arms were sore from the amount of bags I had on my arms and since Luke had a bag or two more, I could guess that his were too.

I dropped my things right by the door and trudged to the couch, flopping down after being on my feet for nearly 6 hours. No matter how much I loved the city, it never failed to tire me out. I watched Luke repeat my actions and fall into the other side of the couch.

"I'm cold and I can barely feel my arms and legs, but that was definitely worth it." I said playfully as I sat up to let him into my view. He was completely sprawled out, letting his long legs rest over mine.

"That was definitely needed too." He took off his beanie, raking his hand through his messy hair. "I forgot how much I actually enjoyed spending time with you." He chuckled, readjusting the hat over his hair.

"We live together!" I exclaimed as he sat up straight. "I think we spend enough time together." He stared at me for a moment, letting silence fill the room.

"Not like an actual day though." He explained as he stretched his arms over his head. "You're usually out with Ellis." He mumbled. I faintly rolled my eyes and smiled at his words.

"Don't tell me you're jealous." I crossed my arms over my chest, forcing back my grin.

"I'm not!" He immediately shot back. His hand moved to the back of his neck, rubbing it somewhat awkwardly. "How about we have a movie night? Just like the ones we had at your house last summer." He suggested.

"Well," I began, checking the time on my phone. "It's nearly 8 o'clock. I've got the morning shift tomorrow, so we can watch about..." I tried processing the movie lengths and my sleeping schedule in my head, but Luke had done it for me.

"Three. We can watch about three." He smiled lightly at me, knowing his ability to do quick mental math always amused me.

"Right." I nodded at him once. "I'm changing so you get the food I'll get the blankets and pillows and stuff, sound good?" I offered as I stood up. He gave me a simple thumbs up and headed off towards the kitchen.

Basically where this whole idea began was the summer into our senior year of high school. My parents were gone for the night and being the huge losers that Luke and I are, we decided not to throw a huge house party, but to build a fort and watch our favorite movies until 4 in the morning. We hadn't done it once sine we moved in here, so tonight was a perfect night for it.

I had changed into a pair of fleece pajama pants and a loose tanktop, finally warming up a bit. As I was pulling blankets from my bed and from the basket full in my room, I could smell the popcorn and hot chocolate coming from the kitchen, definitely Luke's favorite comfort foods.

I wasn't planning on making a fort, but rather just a big palette on the floor so I had a few blankets slung over my arms. I followed the smell into the living room and let the blankets fall to the floor so I could help him bring the bowls and cups into the room. He had already changed into sweatpants and a hoodie, I was always confused as to how he got changed so quickly. Once we had successfully carried them in, I had noticed his previous clothes scattered across the arm rest of the couch.

"What the hell?" I asked, gesturing towards the jeans and t-shirt as I gave him a glare.

"What?" He said through a mouthful of popcorn.

"This is not your room." I scolded. "Take your clothes and put them in your laundry basket." I ordered, laying out the blankets flat on the floor. He put his hands up as if he was taken back by my words. He had left for just a moment and hurried back in to help with the palette.