9 3/4

-This is completely outrageous, Mr. Potter.

Professor Mcgonagall walked over to the doors from her desk, doing the same routine for a few minutes. James and Sirius watched her do it as they talked, showing their sadness for Harry not being in their beloved house.

-Minerva.. I can call you Minerva right? - Mcgonagall death stared Sirius.

-Professor Mcgonagall for you, Mr. Black. - She snapped.

-But we're no longer students at this school..

-Then I don't see any reason why you came to hogwarts and disturbed my sleep.

-Professor.. There has to be a way.. That hat must've made a mistake.. - James started.

-There's no way that hat could've make a mistake, it's smarter than you two combined. - She sighed. - Harry Potter had been placed in Slytherin, because he belongs there, just like you, Mr. Black and Mr. Lupin belong in Gryffindor.

James sat down on a chair infront of Professor Mcgonagall's desk and thought about it.

-And we can't see Dumbledore? - Sirius asked.

-Albus Dumbledore isn't here, Mr. Black. He got a letter from the ministry to arrive in the department of secrets as quick as it's humanly possible. You would've known if you stayed at home, I'm sure the order has been informed.

-Lily.. - James gasped and got up from his seat. - Sirius, we have to go. What if something is wrong?!

- Don't worry, Mr. Potter. Your wife is safe at your house, I'm sure. If there was any sign of danger, I would get messaged.

- Professor.. We'll come back tomorrow. With Lily.. And discuss this with Dumbledore. -James said.

-That discussion won't be necessary, but please do whatever you feel you need to do, Potter. Besides, I already told you that nothing will change, no matter how hard you try. Harry is in Slytherin for a reason. - Professor Mcgonagall turned to James.

-I just want him to be happy, that's all. - He said.

They arrived in the Potter's kitchen only a few minutes after. After James checked if Lily is sleeping upstairs, both Sirius and James went to sleep too. They already had a hard day, and the next day didn't sound easy either.