Flying ideas

Chapter

I was walking home from school, letting the cool weather hit me. The weather was not that cold. It was perfect, actually. Cold enough to let your mind wander off, warm enough to still be alive. The weather was a thing that decided the feelings of people. Some people get frustrated in winter. Some people hate the summer. Though I think that they all had their own reasons to be loved. Summer was the time of the sun to shine. The winter was the property of snow, letting everything turn white so beautifully. Autumn was taken by the leaves, and even though the leaves were dead, they were mesmerizingly beautiful. Spring was another planet. A lot of people didn't take spring seriously, while it was the birth of everything.

I was daydreaming till I reached our street, seeing a different car in front of our house. Putting the keys into the hole, I opened the door, being met with the sound of laughter. I never really saw Black laugh, other than his evil laughs. This was an actual laugh. I walked into the living room, seeing him with a girl. I rolled my eyes before they saw me. When they heard a noise, their eyes turned towards me. The girl smiled at me, but the face of Black was the complete opposite. She stood up, leaving his hand and walked towards me. She held out her hand, smiling at me.

"Hey, I'm Stella. You are Nila, right?" she said to which I nodded, shaking her hand. Her hands were soft and I could feel that she was sincere. I smiled back at her, earning a bigger smile from her.

"Don't interact with that freak" I heard from behind. I rolled my eyes at Black and turned around to get to my room before they said anything else. Stella didn't say anything and I knew Black would annoy me when she was gone. I put my bag next to my door, walking over to my laptop. Turning it on, I started to make a plan for our project. I had to study other subjects too, but this project was very important for me. To be honest, I never knew Noah was that smart. His idea was very good.

I made a mind-map writing down all the planets that I knew of. I wrote down the stars, the moon, the sun, the milky way- just everything that I already knew about the universe. I realized that it was actually very much so I thought of a cause. I wrote down 'big explosion' in the corner, along with 'religion'. I wanted us to tell about these things too. Like what the different religions said about the universe, what other people believed.

I was captivated by the beauty of the pictures of the universe when I heard a knock on my door, thinking it was Black, I didn't answer. When there was another knock, I called the person in, knowing it wasn't Black. Two ocean blue eyes were looking into mine, asking for permission to get in.

"Hey" Noah said, smiling at me. My eyes widened, not understanding why he was there. I was nervous for a strange reason that I couldn't point out.

"What are you doing here" I asked him, to which he entered my room. He took out some books, putting them on my desk.

"To work on our project. We have holiday the next two weeks, and I will be out of town. So I thought we should work now" he said, sitting down on my bed that was next to my desk. It amazed me that he was so casual about being here. No one had ever entered my room other than my family members. It was weird to see someone else, especially him, there sitting on my bed.

"We have six months to finish it Noah, I think we have plenty other time" I said, not getting why he wanted to finish it so quickly.

"I know, but I have to re-do some exams from last year, so I want this to be over and done with so I can focus on them" he said, which made sense. I grabbed the paper with the mind-map and showed him. He looked at it for a second, putting his fingers on his chin.

"This is actually good. I would've never come up with the religion part. That's quite interesting and I think its something no one has ever done before" he said, to which I nodded.

"Maybe we can get a telescope from somewhere so we can see some of the universe ourselves. It would be such a good experience and it would help to tell during the presentation" he said and I nodded, thinking it was an amazing idea.

"But that will be for the theory part of the presentation. What can we do for the free part? You know we can't talk at that part since its not allowed. It needs to be creative" I said. He thought for a second before answering.

"I know, but I think we should first focus on the theory part and then we can figure the other part out. We need to have knowledge to actually come up with something creative that's good and suiting" he said, which was true. I stood up and he looked at me in confusion.

"Let me just bring some snacks and we can start" I said, walking out of my room. I grabbed some snacks and drinks and got them to my room. We started working and it was actually fun. He was so good at it and it amazed me every time he said something useful. I looked at him for a long time.

"Why are you staring?" he asked, not looking up at me but kept his eyes on the page of the book he was reading.

"Because I don't understand how you could be friends with Black" I blurted out, immediately regretting it. I didn't want him to know that I thought of that. It was none of my business. He looked at me, raising his eyebrow.

"As I once said, you only know your brother. You don't know me" he said, looking back at the page. I knew he was irritated but I didn't say anything else, but searched further information about Jupiter.

~~~~~~~
I have some good ideas damn

Random Interesting Fact: I once did my project about the universe, but it was too much so just chose the sun.