Ei.

After Drew and I walked into the house, we instantly started packing for New Orleans. We were all pretty excited, because we were escaping all of the drama, and just going to enjoy each other.

" What's the first thing you're going to do? " Tia asked me as I munched on sliced apples, and chocolate.

" Probably just admire the scenery, Im not getting into all of their shenanigans. " I told her.

" I packed the most indescent clothes I could find. " Drew said, dropping his bag by the door.

" Why? " Tia pushed her hair behind her ears, turning her face up. I chuckled.

" That voodoo ain't coming home with me. " he said and she smacked her lips.

" Whatever. How did the interview go? "

" Pretty good. I think I have a good chance of getting it. " Drew smiled.

" I'm happy for you, shit face. " Tia laughed.

" Shut up, fuck bag. " he argued.

" If I have to say anything else about language, I'm whooping every ass in here. " my mother stated, walking from the back.

" I'm too old for ass whoopings. " Drew mumbled under his breath. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw an apple fly across the room and hit Drew in the back of his head. Tia was dying of laughter.

" Play with it. " my mother pointed, exiting out of the room.

" Dang that hurt, and get your stupid ass up. "

The next day, school went by pretty quickly. Before I knew it, I was heading to the parking lot to get picked up by my parents. As I walked out of the front exit, I heard a familiar voice call out my name.

" Tre, slow down, nigga. " he demanded.

" What is it, Flex? " I was trying not to smile.

" What are you doing this weekend? "

" Going out of town with my family, wassup? " he looked disappointed.

" I was trying to see if you wanted to chill? "

" We'll be back Sunday, so I'll text you and see what you're up to. " I told him and he nodded.

I turned around and walked down the long walkway to the White Cadillac truck. I climbed into the third row, putting my bookbag down and sighing.

" How was school? " my mother asked, as she always did.

" Long. " I replied.

" Did you get your charger like I asked you to? " I nodded.

" Yes sir. Lord knows you're about as blind as a crab. " I joked and everyone laughed, including him.

" Why won't you go get glasses, dad? " Tia asked him.

" Glasses are for punks. " he argued and we all smacked our lips.

" Alright, when your have to package drugs looking like Stevie Wonder. " Drew chuckled.

" He's not packaging shit! " my mother added.

My father got on the interstate, and just as I put my headphones in, Tia turned around.

" Man, where the hoes at? " she whispered. I rolled my eyes.

" I don't know, girl, you work in a mall, so you should know. " she quickly shook her head.

" Boy, bye. All the dudes in there are too old, or too ugly. " she complained.

" That's your problem. Learn to like the ugly niggas, they'll treat you right. " I stated and she laughed.

" You know, I hate when y'all have conversations because people can never hear what y'all are talking about. " Drew said, looking out the window.

" That should tell you to not be nosy. " my mother added.

With my father driving like a bat out of hell, the two hour drive went by quickly. We made it to the house he had rented for the weekend. We walked inside, and it was still a pretty sight. We all walked into our rooms, unpacking our things.

" Hey, I was thinking about going to Bourbon street. You wanna' come? " Drew asked me. Just as I was about to answer him, there was a blood curling scream coming from Tia's room. We all ran to her, watching her dramatically scoot across the floor.

" What? What's wrong? " my father looked around, going into protective mode.

" There's a spider. " she cried, pointing to the closet door. Drew walked over to the door, smacking his lips.

" This little ole' thing? " he rolled his eyes. My father walked over, doing the same thing.

" Tia, I'm done with your dramatic ass. " he walked out of the room, along with my mother.

" Hey, we're going to walk Bourbon street, you wanna' come? " she instantly stopped crying.

" Hell yeah, let me get ready, and we can go. " she got up, walking into the bathroom.

" That's your sister. " Drew shook his head.

" Yeah, but you knew her before I did. "