2. Mr stark?

WARNING: DEATH

WARNING: DEATH

~EDITED~

I woke up. After shooting myself in the head. Of course I'd wake up, why wouldn't I? That's just a casual thing anyone can survive. I was foolish for thinking it would work, it was worth a shot, pun not intended.
I kind of knew that bullet wouldn't kill me but deep down inside I was praying and hoping that it would be something I just Couldn't bounce back from but I guess this time it isn't.

Even though my brain was awake, my body wasn't like I was in some form of sleep paralysis. I could think, hear and smell but my body was paralysed. The bullet must have damaged my brain, (duh) and now I'm paralysed. What if this is permanent? What is truly and royally fucked my self over? I'm gonna spend the rest of my like in a wheelchair of suffering in a coma for years even though I'm awake.
Why must I be so rash and frantic? Why can't I think before I do things? A lot of people would be returning home to their families after another day in the office. Probably to have dinner and talk to their children about school, maybe walk the dog or feed the cat. But I've ripped that away from them. I should've never gone out today to help, I wasn't in a good head space. I can't control myself when I'm normal never mind an emotional wreck.
eventually, after praying to all the gods, I managed to pry my eyes open, the bright white light of the sky attacking my sensitive Pupils. My eyes slowly focussed and revealed a shadow looming over me. I could feel my body swaying, my back resting uncomfortably on something cold and metal. I could eventually see my surroundings, the bright blue sky and white fluffy clouds, the sun shining happily in the sky and the metal red and yellow mask tearing down at me with its glowing coin slot eyes. He was carrying me out of my house. carrying my limp dead body out of my house. Does he think I'm dead? What is he going to do with me? Which form am I in? A thousand thoughts rushed through my damaged brain.
I panic for a moment.
I'm tony starks assistant. I'm iron mans PA. I also lead a Double life like a less glamorous Hannah Montana. That double life is something I hide from stark. Now all that is going to go down the drain. I'm fired. I'm dead. I'm literally so fucked right now.
I slowly regain control over my body and along with that came the pain. There was strong siring hot pain spreading over my thigh and on the side of my head.  I felt like had been on a 4-week bender and this was the incurable hangover here of biting me in the ass.  I groan in pain and move my body uncomfortably in iron mans arms. My hands go to my face, my cold skin brushing over the plastic mask on the bottom half of my face. All my anxiety seemed to flood from my system when I realised my identity was safe for now.
"Mr Stark?" I groan, my head pounding, probably from the hole in it.
"Mr Stark? Call me Tony, kid" he says looking up as we entered a quinjet, his iron man helmet retracting back and revealing the face of my boss.
He looks at me in the eyes then they go to the side of my head, disbelief in his face.
"She needs medical attention" tony says.
"How on earth did she survive getting shot in the head?" A familiar voice chimes.
"She's mutant, from what I know about her abilities, her body is healing as much as it can as fast as it can but it can't properly do that because the bullets still lodged in her skull she's alive, barely." A different unfamiliar voice explains.
"Well remove it before she does actually die, we don't need anymore casualties after today" I recognised that voice, Captain America. Spangles. The man out of time. The worlds oldest virgin.
"Sorry about this kid" Tony says before laying me down on a row of seats that lined the the wall of the small quinjet.
A new face appears above me, yet again looking at the side of my head. He grabs something from a draw and glances at me apologetically .
"This is going to sting, just stay still okay" Suddenly the most excruciating pain surges through my body. All my nerves were on fire and it felt like the Fourth of July in my head. The pain was excruciating but only lasted a brief moment, before fading into nothingness, my whole body going numb with adrenaline. I'll probably still need some aspirin for later because this is a hangover I can't get over.
"I need some whiskey" I breath, slowly sitting up and clutching my forehead. I finally looking around and examine the people around me, I was surrounded my the avengers. Of course I would be.
"I already like you" Tony chirps, his iron suite now off and standing in the corner.
Oh tony you have no idea.
"How did you find me? I left through a portal...too my home how on Earth could you have tracked me? Did you chip me?"I interrogate slowly getting to my feet.
"I followed you through your portal, which by the way makes you nauseous as hell I don't know how you don't vomit every time you go through them" the man with the bow and arrow chimes, he was sat opposite me, his bow and empty quiver on the floor by his feet.
"Why did you even do that?" Natasha, Who was sat in the cock pit driving the Quinjet, questions.
I couldn't tell wether she was on about what I did in New York or putting a bullet in my brain.
I stay silent, unable to muster up an explanation as to why I did anything in the past few hours.
"I don't understand why, people would kill to have a gift like yours" the man who removed my bullet says. He was wearing an oversized jumper and had some glasses resting on the bridge of his nose, he looked tired and sad.
"A gift? It's more like a curse" I sigh burying my face in the heels of my hands, the events from earlier replaying in my head on an endless loop.
"That's why we've brought you here" Tony begins.
"Huh?" I hum looking up from my hands at Tony.
"You're unsafe so We are going to train you up, this doesn't mean we are asking you to join, we just want to help you control your powers and make you safer, and if after all this you want to join, you can" Steve says as I lean against the wall of the quinjet.
My eyes begin to feel heavy as I stare softly at Steve standing opposite me with his ruffled blonde helmet hair and the top buttons of his suite undone, a couple of odd bruised and grazes on his face. His blue eyes meets mine and he smiles gently at me.
"Great... Just what I wanted" I say sarcastically, rolling my eyes.
"So what's your name, kid?" The arrow guy says.
"Im not a kid, I'm 25 and I'd prefer to not tell you my name" I fold my arms over my chest and glance at tony who was staring at me intently, his mouth opening as if he was going to say something but then shutting it and turning his attention back to our conversation.
" come on you know our names" Tony chimes.
"Actually I don't, I do not know who you or you or you are" I say pointing at arrow man, doctor guy and hot guy with a hammer.
"Im doctor Bruce banner" chirps the doctor holding his hand out, I gladly take it and he instantly pulls away a look of discomfort on his face as he shakes his hand and hisses in pain.
"Sorry... I can't- I can't control that" I say in a small voice looking down at my hands. I'm really cold. Like really cold, my skin is like porcelain that's been left out in an artic storm for weeks.
"Uh What was that?" Tony stark questions raising his eyebrows at me.
"I'm cold, they don't call me the artic Fox for no reason" I explain turning my head to look at the archer.
"Im Clint Barton" arrow guy smiled as he leans against the wall next to me.
"And My name is Thor, son of Odin, it's a pleasure to meet you," hammer dude says taking my hand and kissing it causing a pink tint to rise to my pale face.
"Thor? As in god of thunder, Thor" I scoff, staring up at the god in awe. Pretty.
"You are awfully cold" Thor mumbles taking my hand between his large ones as if he was trying to warm them up.
I laugh nervously and try to avoid looking at thor, meh eyes landing on Steve yet again, I feel so compelled by him, after all I spent a whole semester at high school learning about spangles and the howling commandos. My grandfather knew him and his friend sergeant Barnes when they where in school, it was surreal to see the man from all the black and white pictures walking my way.
"So still no name?" Steve elbows gently, looking intently at me.
"Nope I don't want you knowing who I am, I'd like to keep artic fox and me separate" I say gesturing.
"So what can we call you then?" Natasha calls out from the cockpit of the jet. I pause and think.
"Pablo"