Chapter 28

Melody's POV

Nothing, I saw nothing except darkness. I would constantly hear voices around me but I couldn't hear what they were saying. I also couldn't move for the life of me. What's going on? I thought to myself.

Suddenly I saw a bright light kind of far away in the darkness so I started to reach for it. I kept getting closer and closer and as I was getting closer I heard shouting, and a beeping. The beeping kept increasing, so I moved my arms to cover my ears; and all of a sudden the beeping stopped. I was very confused so I opened my eyes. I looked around and saw a whole bunch of people that looked like doctors around me. I looked over and there was a heart monitor but it was disconnected. I guess when I moved I disconnected it so it flat lined. I looked around in confusion. "What happened?" I asked.

"Miss, you have been in a coma for two weeks now, Alpha Randal has been very worried. It is a relief to see you well; I will go tell him that you are alright." A doctor said.

"Thank you." I replied.

He nodded and then left the room. However a few seconds later he rushed in very panicked.

"It's Randal, he's gone!" he said.

"What? He left, why would he leave?" I asked.

"I don't know." The doctor replied.

"I thought he loved me." I said quietly.

"He does, I promise miss, anyone can see it, he hasn't slept at all since you were brought here, he never left your side. Occasionally I would hear him saying "I'm sorry" over and over again to you. He blamed himself for what happened." The doctor said.

"He shouldn't!! I mean it was my fau...." I started to say but suddenly I was interrupted.

"Doctor James get in here its an emergency!" Someone shouted.

The doctor quickly left.

I sat there and waited for a while, I knew that Randal would be coming in as soon as he heard that I was awake, so I just sat there. After about 3 hours I started to worry, by 5 I tried calling his cell phone; no answer. After 24 hours of restlessness and worry a doctor came in.

"Melody, can you come with me please?" the doctor said.

"Sure" I said hesitantly.

I followed him into the room next door, and there was Randal in the hospital bed, with stitches in his head.

"OH MY GOODNESS RANDAL!!!!" I shouted, and he looked over at me. In his eyes I saw confusion, but I quickly dismissed it and ran up and hugged him.

"Um, I'm sorry, but who are you? And who is Randal?" Randal said.

I backed up and looked at him, and then said "very funny Randal, don't pull that with me."

"What are you talking about? Do I know you? Who is this Randal you keep talking about?" He said with a serious face.

"You're serious. No, please, Randal, you are Randal, you have to remember me, I can't bear it if you don't, I'm your mate, I am yours and yours alone. Please Randal, I love you, and, and, and."

Suddenly I stopped talking and sank to my knees. "and you don't love me." I said brokenly. I began sobbing, "after all this time, after everything we have been through. It's all gone, because I had to be in a stupid coma and it made you lose control and you got angry and hurt, and It's all my fault!" I finally was too overwhelmed I couldn't talk anymore, all I could do was sob silently.

"I'm sorry, I don't remember you, but I do know that it wasn't your fault. You couldn't have stopped whatever happened." He said,

"Please calm down." He whispered.

After a few minutes, I finally calmed down and then the doctor that had been watching this whole time started to speak.

"I'm sorry Melody, he has a severe concussion and some stitches, but it has caused him to have amnesia. We have no idea when his memory will return, but we do know that it can be triggered by certain things. We just don't know what those things are yet. Just spend time with him and let him get comfortable and in time his memory will return. You guys are both free to leave when you feel up to it." Doctor James said.

"Thank you doctor." I said quietly.

I looked over at Randal, and he looked back at me.

"Come on, let's go home." I said.

He just nodded.

So we got up and went back home.