Chapter Seven

Ava looks around at the streets of Midway City. Everything is trashed. Hardly any cars remain. Most of them are piles of rubble.

Everything was quiet. Ava follows behind Floyd and Harley, who are both being led by Rick. "This rescue better be worth it." Ava mumbles.

They all stop once they hear grunting come from behind. Ava turns around to see Captain Boomerang against the wall due to Katana and Slipknot trying to make an escape.

Part of Ava is hoping he'll escape. Whether he's useless, in her opinion, or not, she still wishes for a fellow criminal to be free.

The other part of Ava only feels that he's completely stupid.

"Hold your fire!" Rick screams. He quickly typed in the passcode to his touch screen watch, his finger hovering over the it, searching for the app. Holy shit. Ava thinks to herself.

But he did.

With one tap, Slipknot's photo looses color. A second later, his head was blown off his body. His body flies into the window pane of the building he was trying to climb. Ava's purple eyes widen at the sight of his hanging body. Blood drops from his headless body, making Ava shudder slightly at the sight.

"Now that's a killer app." Harely exclaims, grinning. Captain Boomerang frowns.

"Okay you wanna keep playing the Hollywood Squares version of 'I'll blow your freaking head off'?" Rick demands. "Are you next, Deadshot."

Floyd approached him with a stern look. "Did you just threaten me?"

"Yeah." Rick replies, crossing his arms as if he isn't affected by Floyd.

"He just threatened me." Floyd laughs before walking away. He points at Rick once before turning back around.

"You might not want to mess with him. You've seen what he's done with those weapons as well as I have." Ava warns since she's standing right next to him.

Rick rolls his eyes before shoving past her. "Move."

Harley and Floyd walk up on both sides of her. "I'm gonna kill him." Floyd growls under his breath.

"Better make it quick," Harley replies, "He's gonna kill all of us, one by one."

"I bet Captain Boomerang's next." Ava bets.

"I'm gonna drop Colonel, sword lady, five or seven SEALS. After that I'm going to need some help. You two down."

Ava doesn't answer. "Always." Harley answers instead. "What about the shit in our necks?"

"Your friend's going to help us out with that, right?"

"Friend?" Ava questions, suddenly very interested in the conversation.

"Don't worry hon, you already know him." Harley winks.

She remembers me. Ava thinks to herself. Then she remembers the conversation. Joker. "He can't wait to see you again."

Joker always knew Ava was searching for him. That's why he liked to play games. He knew about her father being the double agent, after finding out his daughter exists, he couldn't help but mess with her when she came searching.

Dead bodies, explosions, and even videos of tortured friends. That only made Ava more angry and determined.

Ava's eyes glow purple in threat, yet nothing happens. One wrong move and she'll end up like Slipknot. Harley only grins at the threat.