#42 - Witch

#42 - Oneshot prompt - Witch

-...-

    For some reason, Mike and Tyler find that Onity not only has met a witch, but managed to piss her off, and now she's turned him back into a tiny newborn oni baby. The Witch tells Mike and Tyler that each day that passes, Onity will age up by one year until he his back to his original age. Until then, the two have to take care of him. The Witch leaves to never be seen again, while the two humans are left with an alien newborn baby. 

   It's already been established that Tyler has no confidence in caring for babies and young toddlers, so when the baby whose life you are responsible for is supposed to be your boyfriend (Or husband? I don't know at what point in their relationship this would be), it really messes with your anxiety. He's constantly thinking about what if something goes wrong, what if they accidentally hurt or kill him? Mike is worried to, but is much more calm about this, and constantly reminds Tyler that Onity will only be a small child for a couple of days. 

   The two work together and stay home from work in order to give the little child their attention. They make a list of everything they can remember that Onity has said about his culture and past that would help them, such as the fact that Onity has a mainly carnivorous diet, and that his species can eat raw meat more so then humans. 

   The first night, Mike and Tyler don't sleep at all, instead keeping an eye on the little oni child. When they do doze off and the next day comes around, they find the child has grown slightly, and is now 2 years old. The next day he's 3 years old, and the next day he's 4 years old. As the kid grows up, he begins to talk and walk and do things on his own, meaning that with each day, he remembers what he knew at that age, only he does not remember the being from another planet part. He acts as though he's always lived in this house. 

Around age, when Mike and Tyler talk to him or about him, the kid corrects them when they call him Onity, saying that his name is Unity and it's silly that they forgot. 

Up until the age of 12, Mike and Tyler find Unity to be almost the ideal child, as in the child every parent would want. He's smart, mature, but still has that adorable innocence to him. The two love listening to Unity talk about his drawings or the move they just saw, because he gets really into it. (They play games with him and stay up watching Pirates of the Caribbean, and then role play pirate with him or something.) He has his sarcastic moments, but Unity wasn't exactly how they pictured Onity as a child, even though Unity is exactly how Onity has described himself. 

When they wake up to find Unity at the age of 13, it's almost instantly that Mike and Tyler can tell something is wrong. Unity isn't happy, he's reserved and nearly at the point of tears, and when Mike and Tyler ask him what's wrong, Unity says that he feels so alone. No amount of comforting makes him feel any better, and at this point they realize that all of Unity's emotions are based on how he's felt during his life. They realize that his childhood was near perfect, but it was around this age he was kidnapped. They don't want to say it, but they worry that Unity will be like this until he's turned 21, which was the age that Onity met Tyler and Mike. 

Between the ages of 14 and 16, Unity isn't as upset and near the point of crying anymore, but still doesn't talk as much. It's only on the 16th day that they see any hint of positive emotion in him, and that's when he's drawing. 

When Unity is 17, Mike and Tyler find him in his human disguise, and for the first time get to see the disguise at the point it was taken and unchanged. It's when Unity turns 19 that he begins using the name Onity, and when asked he can't answer with where he got that name or why he changed it. 

When Onity turns 21, He isn't reserved or blue anymore, and in fact is much more like he used to be. He now remembers meeting Tyler and Mike, but can't remember anything after that, and so questions a lot of things, like why he is here. At this point Tyler and Mike begin to believe that Onity is getting his memory back slowly, and they attention to explain what happened with the witch. 

Depending on the number of years left, Onity asks almost constantly how long it will take, and constantly asks questions about humans, and the next day questions about Mike and Tyler, and the next day he's more into reading or watching documentaries then asking the two questions. 

When Onity reaches the age he once was before the witch, he gets his memory back completely, and it back to normal, however has no memory of the last 21+ days, and only remembers pissing off the witch. He notices the date and asks the two about it, and why there is a lot of childlike drawings around the house, why is there more meat products in the fridge, etc. Mike and Tyler explain some of it, but don't go into detail about each day. 

In between the two of them though, they have a better understanding of Onity and where he comes from.