Chapter 7

Edited.

1 week later. 

A week has passed. A week which seemed like torture physically and mentally. 

I have been avoiding him all this time as promised. Only it was getting harder and harder for me to keep my promise. I have been exhausted and angry at all times.  All I did was work then go back to my room.  But I did have some sweet time. I made sure I knew what was my mate up to.  

I have learned to know that he became friends with Charlie. He spent most of his time with him unless I had some business for Charlie.  

The only time I did see him was when I arrived at the pack after business. Our eyes connected and I shivered. He did not look at me for too long. He seemed like he wanted to say something but he bit his tongue.  

I had to forget about my mate being so close to me. I had plenty of other things to do but feel pity for myself. 

I was in my room when an unexplainable amount of pain went through out my whole body.  I whimpered In pain.  I felt like my skin was being cut. The agonizing pain only got stronger making my vision blur. 

I couldn't hold back the pain anymore and so I screamed knowing that Ace wasn't here to hear me. I trashed all around the floor wishing to faint already. I gritted my teeth as I tried to take deep breaths. Blood was oozing out of my nose. My screams soon turned into whimpers until I calmed down. 

A sudden knock on my door made me sit straight. I knew who it was immediately. The scent of dark melted chocolate made my wolf growl. What was Ace doing here? I quickly wiped the blood off my face and put my mask back on. 

I opened the door and looked at my mate's face. His appearance was enough to drive me insane. What was this mate bond doing to me?

I stood silent, waiting for him to start talking. 

"Valentina" His rough voice spoke making my insides clench. I tried my best to keep my face emotionless. 

"Ace" I acknowledged him with a curt nod. 

"I do think we should speak about this situation. We cannot continue acting like I'm not even here." He spoke. I knew he was right, but what else was there to do?

"I think we talked already. Didn't I tell you that there will be no feelings involved?" I questioned. 

"You were pretty clear about that. But I know that is not the real reason why you don't want a mate. You are hiding something." He folded his chiseled arms. 

"You are right. But that does not concern you."

"Does not concern me? We are talking about our future here. We  need a heir you realize that right? We cannot legally continue our line in the pack If we do not have an inheritor." He voiced angrily. 

I fear he was right. If we did not have a child our packs would fall apart. There could be no other person controlling the pack. We needed to have an inheritor. If I was going to die in a year, then I need someone to control the pack after me. If my child is too young then a chosen and trusted person preferably a betta would be the alpha until the child is of age. 

But what would I do? Mate with him in order to have a child? 

"It concerns me too. My pack would not have a leader unless I have a child. Same goes to you. But what do you suggest? You want to mate with me in order to have an inheritor?." 

"Are you afraid?" He questioned. 

"Afraid? You do realize I am not afraid of anything right?" I raised an eyebrow.