Te.

That afternoon, I was getting ready for the bowling alley. Candice, Flex, and a few of his friends would be there. I slipped on my tank-top, then put on deotorant.

" Deon? " my father called out to me.

" Yes sir? "

" When you're on your way back, stop by Walmart. I need you to get filters for the A/C, and I need you to pick me up another table. " he yelled.

" Okay, but what happened to the other one? " I was standing by my door.

" It broke. I don't think you want to know how! " he snickered.

" Asshole! " my mother yelled from the kitchen.

" Can you get me some cookies too, please? " Tia yelled.

" Yeah, just text me what you need, and I'll get it. " I grabbed my phone and car keys, walking out of the door.

I made my way to Cypress Lanes, pulling into the parking lot and walking inside.

" Tre? " Candince drug my name out, making me laugh. As I got closer, I noticed Flex staring at me. " Hey, boo? "

" Hey, Candice. " I hugged her.

" Is she the only one you see? " Flex said with an attitude.

" Hey, Flex, and I don't know these other niggas enough to speak to them. " I sat down.

" Fiesty. " one of them groaned, and we all laughed.

" How y'all doing? " I asked them.

" PJ, Rickie, Tito, and Maino, this is Tre. Tre, these are my homeboys. " he pointed them out.

" Nice to meet y'all. " I smiled.

" Look, this ain't no meet and greet, whose ready to get their asses beat in bowling? " Candice boasted.

" Aight then. Rico, PJ, and Maino, y'all on Candice team. " Flex smiled.

" Hell no, I call dibs on Tre, don't play. And I'll take Maino, he's the only cute one. " she flipped her hair.

" Either way, y'all gonna' get that ass tagged. " Flex stated, cockily.

I took my Jordan's off, slipping on the bowling shoes. I strapped them up, going to sit on the bench when Flex came to sit by me.

" Watch how competitive this gets. " he smiled, and I could instantly feel the tension in the room.

Since we would be rolling first, Maino was the first chosen from our team. He got up, being dramatic before he rolled the ball.

" So, where you from? " he asked, putting his arm around me.

" I'm from here, but I was back and forth. City to city. What about you? " I returned the question, watching Maino roll a strike. Candice high-fived him, jumping at PJ.

" I'm from California, actually. " he told me.

" That's wassup. " I nodded.

" What do you like to do for fun, and what are your hobbies? " he asked. I laughed at how proper he said 'hobbies'.

" When I'm not studying, I'm hanging with my family, or listening to music. I can dance, draw, and as you know, I'm the baddest debator in the city. " I shimmied and he chuckled.

" I heard. I don't get out much, which surprises some people. They think I'm a thug or something, but I'm not. Anything that is fun, and can keep my attention, I'm for it. " he replied, watching Destiny roll a strike, then sitting down all pretty. Tito got up, cracking his knuckles.

" So from that information, I'll guess that your favorite color is green. The darker shade. " I guessed and he smiled.

" How'd you know? " he blushed, slightly.

" It fits your personality. Mysterious, yet beautiful when you're paired with the right thing. "

" What are you trying to say? " he looked down at me.

" Tre, your turn, baby. Make your team proud. " Candice clapped, slapping my butt as I walked by. I picked up my ball, holding it with both hands. I swung it back, then tossed it down the lane, and smiled as it quickly knocked down all the pins.

" Yaaasss! " Candice cheered. " That's what I'm talking about, baby. "

" Not bad, but watch this. " Flex smiled, walking over to get his ball. He tossed it down the lane, and I watched it as it steered right, but curved left, knocking all of the pins down. He walked back over to me, wearing a cocky grin.

" Okay, you know how to curve the ball, so what? " I shrugged.

" Alright, alright. Let's just see how the game goes. " he winked at me.

The game continued on, and Maino, Candice and I were winning by eighty points. Flex and I continued to get to know each other, and I must say that he's not as bad as I thought.

" Yo', my mother just texted me. She said I needed to be home in the next twenty. " PJ told them.

" Alright, well let me get something to eat first, and then we can go. " Maino said, running to the other side of the alley.

I excused myself to the men's room because I had to pee. After I had flushed the toilet and began to wash my hands, Flex walked in. I grabbed the paper towels, drying my hands off.

" Wassup? "

" I want a kiss before I go. " he bit his bottom lip.

" In a bathroom? " I scrunched my face up.

" I just want it to be me and you. " he growled, slowly walking over to me. He grabbed me by my waist, pulling me closer to him. I put my arms around his neck, just as our lips was about to meet. He pecked my lips, and smiled.

" That's all you're getting, buddy. " I told him.

" That's all I wanted. Drive safe, and have a great night. I'll see you at school tomorrow? " he pecked my lips again, winking as he walked out of the bathroom.