El.

When I got to school the next day, I was feeling pretty good. I was looking forward to seeing Flex, but all of that came to an end when lunch time came. As he walked towards the table, he was hugged up with some girl. My smile instantly faded, and Candice noticed it.

" You okay, boo? " she asked me and I nodded.

As Flex sat down, he wore the face of guilt, and I could see it clearly. She had the nerve to swing her stale weave, and hit me with it.

" Excuse me? " I cleared my throat. She looked over her shoulder at me, then rolled her eyes. " You just stabbed me with that dry ass weave of yours. "

" Excuse me? " she turned around.

" What's the problem? " Flex asked.

" Yeah, what's the problem? " Candice cut in. She was cutting eyes at the girl, and I already knew what she was ready to do.

" Don't worry about it. " I calmed down. I had to realize that he wasn't my boyfriend. " I guess words don't mean shit. "

I got up from the table, and walked outside. I sat down at the picnic table by myself, slowly winding down.

" You're too fine to be sitting by yourself, shawty. " his voice instantly made my anger go away.

" You better stop flirting with me before Balogne comes over here to get you in check. " I joked and he scoffed.

" Ain't nobody worried about Naomi. " he laughed, looking away. " Whatchu' doing after school? "

" Probably going home. Depending on if I have homework, that's what I'll be doing. Wassup? " he sighed. I could tell that he wasn't sure about something.

" You mind if I come over after school and chill with you? My parents have been arguing lately, and I really don't feel like hearing it today. " he played with his fingers.

" Yes, you can. Stay a few days if you need to, if that's okay with your people. " I told him.

" I don't care for them right now. I'll get home, and ask you for the address when I'm on the way over. "

The bell rung, and we got up, walking back to class. On the way back inside, Candice caught up to us.

" Yo', we need to talk. " Flex whispered in my ear.

" It's gonna' have to wait, I have to get to class. " I rolled my eyes.

The rest of the day went by quickly. I made my way to the student parking lot, ready to go home. I unlocked my car, and just as I opened the door, it was slammed shut.

" What do you want? "

" Don't play, Tre. " he started. I quickly looked at him. " There's only certain people that I want in my business. "

" And you couldn't warn me last night? "

" I was meaning to bring it up, but we were having so much fun. " he defended himself. " I didn't want to ruin everything, and I didn't think it was important. "

" Does a kiss not mean anything? Because to me, it signifies that you're trying to be something with someone. "

" And that's what it meant! It's hard to explain, Tre. " he told me.

" I gotta' go. " I opened my car door, cranking my car up and driving off. I got home in no time, and noticed a car in the drive-way that wasn't recognizable. I walked into the house, going into the kitchen where my mother stood.

" Hey, baby. " she kissed my cheek. " How was school? "

" It was great. " I sighed. " Is it okay if a friend comes over to stay for a few days? He's having some problems at home, and he needs a break. "

" Definitely, our house is always open to those who need. " she nodded.

" Where's dad? " I asked and she pointed to his office. I inched over, hearing a conversation between him and a guy. I'm guessing he was new, hearing what my father was saying to him.

" What time is your company coming? " she questioned. As I walked towards her, my phone beeped three times. I took it out of my pocket, looking at the three messages.

Flex: I'm sorry, Tre. I didn't want it to go down like that!

June Bug: How was your day, kiddo?

Breezy: On my way, and boy do I have some shit to tell you!

" Now. "